1987 VL Commodore wagon...

Care to elaborate, as I have seen plenty of daily boxes get burped, interchangeable ports, etc...
And they don't win if they go up against a true spl built box.

I like your box. It would be great for Bass Race or Street Beat but I'm not trying to be agumentative with you.

I'll be looking forward to the progress of your build.

And they don't win if they go up against a true spl built box.I like your box. It would be great for Bass Race or Street Beat but I'm not trying to be agumentative with you.

I'll be looking forward to the progress of your build.
who said anything about expecting to win? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

its not an SPL setup, its a musical setup, but that doesn't mean it won't be burped at times.

even with the current tuning!

I understand where Mr slate is coming from.

You said it's a musical set up, that's why your box is tuned as such, yet when asked about your electrical you say it a burp set up.

Then when asked why you tues your burp set up musically you say it's not just for burps but for music too, leading back to your electrical.

I understand where Mr slate is coming from.
You said it's a musical set up, that's why your box is tuned as such, yet when asked about your electrical you say it a burp set up.

Then when asked why you tues your burp set up musically you say it's not just for burps but for music too, leading back to your electrical.

because the highest, continuous current draw is going to be when playing a 3 second tone, at max volume when burping the system!!!

my previous setup played music just fine at fairly high volume, but when burping, the amp would go into protect due to low voltage.

thats the whole point!

It's your set up, and with that said run it how you wish.

I think all the work you have put into this set up is amazing and top notch. I personaly would run another battery or two, maybe aim for ~400Ah. But each person knows their own equipment for their application the best.

It's your set up, and with that said run it how you wish.
I think all the work you have put into this set up is amazing and top notch. I personaly would run another battery or two, maybe aim for ~400Ah. But each person knows their own equipment for their application the best.
I am considering getting four rear batteries, except, I've pretty much chosen the batteries I want, just there's none in Australia!!!

http://www.commanderbatteries.com.au/files/All_PDFs/C30HH_Commander_Spec%20Sheet.pdf

so, I'm not sure what to do...

for reference:

D34 optima - $AU292 - 55ah - 750cca

C30HH Century - $AU199 - 115ah - 560cca

yes, the C30HH is lower cca, but at nearly $100 less, and twice the ah rating (something that actually matters when playing music) I thought it was a fairly reasonable choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

imgp0449n.jpg

imgp0450i.jpg

20 metres of 8ga cable.. just to wire up the subs!!

Looking good bro, now get those batts in and show us that 154@30 hertz.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Drew

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.