x1le changeout to some budget 15's

Participant count
  • Participant list

x1le
10+ year member

I'm certified.
Mass
So for the past few months I've been running a 12" lvl4xl and have been pretty content with it. It got loud and low. But after a bit I became curious how much of a difference more cone area would make.

I took some dimensions of my trunk and found that I barely just have enough room to run 2 15's ported in about 6 cubes. I started looking around at some budget subs when I came across the crunch gpv's. For the price, the specs on them looked good for a lower-end 15 but no forum really had a lot of info on these other than people saying "it's crunch". I decided to order a pair off egay for $170 shipped and they arrived today. On first impression, they look pretty legit imo.

dscf2309.jpg

dscf2310.jpg

dscf2312.jpg

dscf2314h.jpg

So yeah. I never built a box before and this will be my first time. This holiday season I bought a couple things to get me started, tho. Picked up a nice circular saw and orbital jigsaw along with some harbor freight sawhorse's and clamps, along with a 50" guide.

Hopefully will be starting on this box tomorrow if I can pick up the wood and it doesn't blizzard out tonight.

Very curious to see how these subs perform //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Its gonna blow the 12" outta the water no doubt. Then youll wonder why some people on here are only running 1 12" or 10 that cost 3-400$ each like i do.

Whats the specs on those btw? for 170 i wouldve went a diff route but i dont know the quality of those or anything yet.

Its gonna blow the 12" outta the water no doubt. Then youll wonder why some people on here are only running 1 12" or 10 that cost 3-400$ each like i do.
Whats the specs on those btw? for 170 i wouldve went a diff route but i dont know the quality of those or anything yet.
specs n info - http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/crunch/pdfs/Crunch%20Ground%20Pounder%20GPV%2009%20Subwoofer%20Manual.pdf

For the price, there's not much that compares that I could find. If they sound horrible, I'm sure I'll have no problem craigslisting them.

And doesn't look like I'll be starting on the box today as we got slammed with over a foot and it's still snowing. fuckin new england //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

got me thinking about running one of these or a pair of the 12's now. I'm only rocking a single 10 currently and its loud for what it is but i need some real bass soon and i'm light in the cash dept.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.