13w7 in sealed box... how loud?

therock482
10+ year member

Seattle
Does anyone have experience with a 13w7 in a sealed box with a JL 1000/1 amp?

I'm wondering how many db's I can expect from this set-up. What where your impressions with this set-up? The car is a 99' 2-door Tahoe.

Is 2.2 cubes the best sized box for a sealed 13w7?

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Who knows how loud it'll be.

I'd prefer a W6v2 over a W7, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nobody knows how loud, but with a good amount of power 750-1000watts it will be loud and sound very good, but im also partial to sealed boxes

To answer a few questions. Why JL?? Well I had a Treo SSi 15 in a custom fiberglass box under the rear bench seat of my extened cab Silverado with a 2" seat lift. I sold the truck and put the box and sub on craigslist. Some guy contacted me and wanted to trade straight up for (2) JL 1000/1 amps. So I did it and kept one and sold one on ebay. With the money I made I found a slightly used 13w7 for $310 on craigslist and I'm still money ahead cause I sold the amp for $450.

I never was a wild JL fanboy or anything like that I just kinda stumbled into a sweet deal.

I wanted to try sealed set-up to use up as little space as possible in the back of tahoe and I also don't trust my box building skills that much so a sealed box is easier to make.

I loved the sound of the Treo SSi 15 in my truck, it was ported of a Fosgate T10001BD. That was just about the perfect amount of output for my taste and it hit very low.

Well, comparing it to your Treo.....it most likely wont be as loud as it. I would expect db wise around a 138.

Your truck, was a 15" with more surface aera, it was ported, and in a small cab.

The 13W7 is going to be in a sealed box, in a much larger car. The W7 will play low, and sound very good. Most likely, output wont be quite as loud. If your not satisfied, port the Bish:D

Well, comparing it to your Treo.....it most likely wont be as loud as it. I would expect db wise around a 138.Your truck, was a 15" with more surface aera, it was ported, and in a small cab.

The 13W7 is going to be in a sealed box, in a much larger car. The W7 will play low, and sound very good. Most likely, output wont be quite as loud. If your not satisfied, port the Bish:D

Thanks this is what I was after. Sweet

don't let jl haters deter you...if you got a good deal go with it man. the w7s destroy the w6's and sound just as good/better doing it. they're all in all overpriced, but sound great and people hate them because of their price. like adas says, try the sealed, and if you don't like it, make a bigger, ported box tuned to like thirty five-eight hz, and it'll be nice

don't let jl haters deter you...if you got a good deal go with it man. the w7s destroy the w6's and sound just as good/better doing it. they're all in all overpriced, but sound great and people hate them because of their price. like adas says, try the sealed, and if you don't like it, make a bigger, ported box tuned to like thirty five-eight hz, and it'll be nice
i agree im so tired of the Jl haters...but either way u wont be disappointed if you go ported

i agree im so tired of the Jl haters...but either way u wont be disappointed if you go ported

Awesome thanks man. I started building a ported box last night. This will be my first ported box I have built myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.