10's or 8's...worried about low end.

okay i get it now. I understand now that a 8 is the best **** woofer out there. I think I will fill the bed of my truck up with them tomorrow and see if I can make some noise.

well yall make out like a 8 inch woofer is the best thing since ice cream.
You make it out like its a midbass speaker no matter the design...

they serve their purpose in certain installs or people just using them for fun. Its all about the space you got and what your lookin for.

and ice cream isn't that great

it's considered a subwoofer but it sounds like midbass to me. Thats all I'm saying.
If it "sounds" like a midbass your playin the wrong frequencies through it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

but now i'm talking about 2 of them not 20 of them.
You need to hear my car, or any other car with 2-4 DD 1508s, TC1000s, or RLi 8's with a good ported install, you'll change your mind. That is all.

it's considered a subwoofer but it sounds like midbass to me. Thats all I'm saying.
Bass and midbass are two different things...if it sounds like midbass, then guess what, you're playing midbass frequencies (80-200hz). If it sounds like normal bass, then guess what, it is. a 15" sub and an 8" sub will play a 60/20/100/75/35/90/etc. hz tone the same(given the t/s and box allow them to)...one will just be louder.

just read the entire thread.... all i can say is wow.

This guy has the persistence and stupidity of CotJones

I have no personal experience with 8" subs and there not my fav but ive seen enough to know they can get just as loud as any other setup...

Someone needs to show this fool up.

Only thing i have against 8" vs bigger subs is that i think you can get louder with less $ buying the bigger subs.. This is irrelevant to SQ though.

8" have far more potential in sound quality though.

i can rant on more about this but ill leave it up to the big fellas

The reason why most people think that smaller subs are "quicker" is because they generally have a low inductance, allowing them to change frequencies much quicker that large-motored, high inductance subwoofer. This has nothing to do with the size of the woofer(of course), but more to dow ith the topology of the motor and the t/s parameters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.