06 Impala HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

swaptrex
10+ year member

Supporting Member
Michigan
my brother just got an 06 impala and i gave him a hu for his birthday to put in the car, which of course we were going to install. But as i read more about the car, it seems as if the harness is going to be 170+ just to hook it up. I dont even think that includes the bracing. does anyone know anything about this? any help is appreciated, as well as helpful links.

Depends on all the features your getting with the harness. I think its 01-02 and newer Chevys are such a pain in the ass. Some genius and Chevy decided to make door chimes go through the deck to the speakers and so you need a special harness to accommodate those.

You should be able to get one for $100-$120 though. I say $170 is jacked up store price.

from what i understand, some cars, mostly newer one, require expensive harnesses in order to keep some factory options. I know i had that problem with a new cobalt. My step brother went up to the local shop and they said it was like $70 or so. I dont remember exactly what happened, but i tried to bypass it and came up unsuccessful.

I am pretty sure there are ways to get around buying that expensive harness, but it take a small amount of EE knowledge to bypass it.

yea those new GM harnesses are pretty expensive. i think the highest one i've seen is 250, depending on the vehicle and what it has as far as bose or onstar and door chimes etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.