'02 Yukon Wiring Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

fasfocus00
5,000+ posts

doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice
tried searching but nothing. I am installing a 5 channel amp and a new head unit for someone. everything is hooked up and I have no sound through the door speakers. i tried to see if anything is going to the door speakers and nothing. I wired everything according to the harness and nothing is going to the speakers. I used speed wire to connect the amp speaker out puts to the back of the speaker harness at the radio. somehow the harness speaker leads do not go to the speakers in the doors. any help?

has to be an factory amp then
when I plug the factory headunit up, just the one plug that the harness connects to I get sound through the speakers. I tried popping the speaker (i know you're not suppose to do that but i'm desperate) and no speakers pop. i there a quick way to by pass the amp if that's what I need to do?

it has 2 factory harnesses but I only have one harness, the one harness I have plugs up fine and has all the wires for the speakers, power, and ground but the speaker wires don't connect to the speaker. were can I tap into the speakers?

got it work but factory sub still plays and sounds like chit. the fix is connecting the solid blue wire on the harness to the HU remote turn on. now i need to figure out how to remove the panel that houses the factory sub. don't reply w/ some BS about the panel just snaps off, no it doesn't b/c there are atleast 3 screws I see and that little black knob on the back with a nut on the back side inside the panel that nothing can get to and turn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.