New 6.5" Components

ascitiesburn69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Been looking around for some new comps in preparation for my Mach 5 audio SPL 12" that's about to go in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Can't really decide what to go with though. So I'm looking for suggestions on Loud 6.5" component sets and I'm going for 250$ or less. I have a Cadence TXA-3002 so 150x2wrms is what I'm working with. So far I've looked at CDT CL-61s with the TW25 tweets:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p4596/CL61A25-PRO--CDT-Audio-Classic-65"-2Way-Component-Speakers.htm

These Cadence ZRS6k's:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p8241/ZRS6K--Cadence-61-2"-300W-2Way-High-Fidelity-ZRS-Series-Component-Speaker-System.htm

Possibly the IDCTX65cs or something else as well. I'm just not sure what direction to go in so I'm looking for suggestions. Looking for 1-6.5" component set that will get loud enough off 150wrms to each side to keep up with the bass.

I don't know all the components in the market but these 4 are the ones I checked out for my car and I think you can't go wrong with any of them:

- Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

- Alpine SPX-17PRO

- Alpine SPR-17S

- DLS MS6A

I'm in the same situation. Looking for a 6.5" component set. I'll be running them passive from two channels off a Sundown 100.4D (bridging the other two for a sub). I want tight mids, and clear but "gentle" tweets. Good crossovers (any kind of adjustability would be a plus - I've seen some let you dial the tweet power up/down). Originally I was a little concerned about mounting depth, but I think that's the last on my want list now. I was thinking something in the $200-250 range would be perfect. I've been considering these:

Hertz HSK 165

DLS R6A or RS6

CDT CL (62 series?)

I recently read a couple of reviews of the CDT that sort of turned me off, the tweets sounded a little harsh.

Mine are going in a convertible, and I've noticed some of the mid/high gets beat down by wind noise, so you wind up getting a bit of piercing high range already.

The DLS have great reviews, shallow mount, reasonable price ( $199-229). The Hertz also get great reviews and I found a couple of sets on Fleabay, but then I read there's all sorts of fakes out there[?]

I hadn't even heard of these (I'm totally out of loop with car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) but they sound really interesting and are a great price.

Hope I didn't barge in to your thread - I was going to start my own but there's already like a half dozen about components.

DT-Out of what you have listed the Hertz would be my pick. I run the older HSK165 in my Focus. You can find them on ebay ect. for $200 to $250. The newest one's will run you more coin but IMO they are worth it.

Between the older HSK and HAT Imagine. The tweeter on the Hertz is a little better, the midrange is equal and the midbass is a little better on the HSK. The HAT Clarus line is the competitor to the Hertz HSK line. The Imagine line do a **** good job and can come close to the HSK though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.