Concept EX-12 enclosure dilemma

Participant count
  • Participant list

n2audio
5,000+ posts

OPTIDRIVEN
I THOUGHT I was getting a couple dvc 2's @ 850w and I could just drop one into my 2.6cf ported @ 28 enclosure and be good to go.

However, after discovering the Ebay seller I bought from is a liar I find out I have DVC 6's at 460w.

My amp is 1000 rms @ 1, 700w @ 2 ohms and under-rated.

I'm now trying to figure out what to do with my enclosure. I don't want to rebuild a box right now, even if I did I wouldn't want it much bigger...

I can make a new baffle and go with the pair sealed wired at 1.3, but winISD tells me I'll have an f3 of about 50hz which would take all the fun out of it for me.

Or I can go ported, and using some poly-fill (according to this: http://www.diysubwoofers.org/talkshop/messages/41415.htm) get an equiv volume of about 3.6cf, and tune to 32-34 which would move the f3 down to about 32.

Anyone ever depended on the properties of poly-fill so directly? Did it work?

Other thoughts?

Subs showed up. They look unused, real nice.

Checked them on my home stereo. Both work.

Still brainstorming for my enclosure.

Current encl is a little over 3.0 gross, 2.7-2.8 net.

I can manage about 4.0 gross with a reubild //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and about 5.6 gross with polyfill.

Winisd gives me an ideal enclosure at about 5.6 net at around 27

With a polyfill enhanced box I can get 5.3-5.4 net and tune to about 32. The plot looks real good.

Venting baffles me though. If I build two 3x3's I can get a length under 10" and not a problem on port velocity. If I go with just one, you would think a 3x6 would yield about the same results, but it's not close. It doesn't make sense to me.

But apparently nobody gives a **** about my subwoofer dilemma.

They're older. There's nothing recommended.

Concept currently has no website.

I had to hunt for a corporate email and was able to get the t/s parameters, that's all I have.

Hmmmm, let me see if I can find any of my old manuals. The recommended enclosures usually yield a pretty flat response. I have never had any regrets.

I sent an email back to the individual that gave me the t/s parameters asking for factory enclosure recommendations.

For ported I got 1.0cf at 35 (f3 @ 39) or 1.5cf at 33 (f3 @ 33).

The 1.0 just won't be low enough. Half the rap out now is in the mid 30's half the time.

According to the plots I'm getting 2.5 at around 28 looks real good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.