10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Here's my setup everybody.

1999 Bmw 328i Sedan (E46)

Alpine IDA-X001

Kicker KS65.2 Components(Front)

Kicker KS5.2 Components(Rear)

T.M.A. TOTAL 440/4 Amp on mids/highs

Stinger battery from my old setup and my regular battery too(both in trunk)

I had 2 12" Alpine Type R dual 4 ohm subs on a Concept CC-D2400a amp but the amp ****ed up and i sold the 12's....

NOW I have 2 15 inch Kicker solobaric L7's uninstalled..... i got a guy thats gonna put them in there custom at this end of this month..... anyway I can't decide what amp i want to put on them....i got a few questions first though.... any help would be appreciated!!!

1. Why do monoblock one channel amps sometimes have 2 positives and 2 negatives??? ex. JL 1000/1

2. If i wire both my subs to 2ohms each and hook one sub up to one pos/neg and the other to the other pos/neg..... does the amp see it as 2 ohms X 2 or does the amp pretty much put them together for you and say its 1 ohm???

I've been looking at hifonics amps, jl 1000/1 and a few others.... let me know some opinions and help me out a lil.... btw my budget on a new amp is around $400-$700 or so....

1) just to make it easier to hook up more power wires

2) if you wire each sub to 2 ohms, and then wire them in parallel (pos to pos, and neg to neg) the amp will see a 1 ohm load

id look for an amp that can put out at least a good solid 3000 rms

They're rated at 1000rms each.... 3000 isnt too much?

what amp ideas do you have??

im confused about your first statement too.... can you clarify?

o and i do know what you mean by putting them at one ohm... i get that part.... im just wondering if i kept them seperated outside the box and used pos/neg for one sub and the other pos/neg for the other sub, is the amp seeing 2 ohms X 2.... or 1 ohm even though the subs arent directly connected to each other....

You'd fry them daily on 3000 watts...A good amp to buy is a Kicker SX 1250 it is a Digital class D amp and is one ohm stable....I have one with a birth certificate of 1466 watts which would be plenty...plus you can add a Kicker SX mids and highs amp and the Kicker Digital Controller to control it all up front....If interested in knowing more on this PM me for more info

I think personally i'd rather have a jl 1000/1 then that amp... its nice but i dont think im going to go that route with my subs amp....

I think personally i'd rather have a jl 1000/1 then that amp... its nice but i dont think im going to go that route with my subs amp....
why? so you can give each L7 500 watts and end up clipping them in an attempt to make them any sort of loud?

unless of course you put a 1000.1 on each L7...then by all means that is acceptable, although those digital kicker amps are the shiznit

the only 2kw amp out of all of those listed is the hifonics, unless the RF punch series is underrated by nearly 1kw (i doubt it)

you are going to need a 2,000 watt rms amp... so 3 of those amps simply wont due... well obviously they will work somewhat but to make use of full potential you will need atleast a 2kw rms amp...

so is alphasonik over rated??? cause it says 2060 at 1 ohm for the 1000da

and

# RMS Power Rating: 3000 watts x 1 chan. at 1 Ohm Mono

# RMS Power Rating: 1500 watts x 2 chan. at 1 Ohm Stereo

# RMS Power Rating: 900 watts x 2 chan. at 2 Ohms Stereo

# RMS Power Rating: 500 watts x 2 chan. at 4 Ohms Stereo

for the 1000HCA.....

Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D, usually does 1750 watts @ 1 ohm, plus Sundown's amps are bullet proof and if you do have problems Jacob is a stand up guy and is also on this forum as Sundownz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.