(Kicker) Solo Sag Syndrome...---sagging suspension---

Canaan
10+ year member

Beatin' the block down
Well, I have been seeing alot of Kicker Solo's (L5/L7's) turning up like this lately.

Our shop is a Pawn/Car Audio shop and alot of people bring them in to try and get loans and for installs. (Word is getting out about my boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

Has anyone else been seeing this?

401890.jpg

401891.jpg

401892.jpg

Prolly 20%+ of the solo's that come in are like this.

***This one is one of the worst***

They are litterally bottomed out just sitting there w/ no weight on the cone.

I don't see any other subs coming in like this (at least nowhere near as bad).

I have dubbed it "Solo Sag Syndrome".

That L7 15" was last years version....the chrome-cone ones.

I have been seeing the newer black cone ones doing this too.

Maybe it has to do w/ the other local shop's boxes???

(They are the kicker dealers in this area)

We have also been seeing a few ripped spiders.

I have an MTX8000 that had the same exact thing happen to it over time. It's not as bad as that but it's noticeably sagged.

If L7s have dual spiders, it could be that the not seen spider was damaged and caused it to rest sagged? I never ripped apart the 8000 to check if that was the case but I believe that the 8000 was a single spider...

i would assume the cones are a little heavier than most due to the bracing and shape of the cone

ive yet to see any come back to our shop, but we dont do many Solos

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.