Oscilloscope

Curious, what would you use it for?
finding HU clipping rca volume, and setting gains on amplifier.

If you set gains via DMM, you can check if your amps clipping at that voltage.

OP: is there a reason your selling your oscope? i was thinking of buying the same one..

Edit: whoops, NOT OP.. meant bradl79

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this as accurate as any other exspensive $500+ oscilloscope? If it is I'll take it, just have to give me a bit to get the cash together. Don't wait up on me.

Curious, what would you use it for?
Setting my gains, aswell as what volume my RCAs clip at. I have them set with a DMM but I still feel like I might be clipping just a bit. My door speaker amp seem sinefficient, pushing the reccommended voltage with ohms law, it's set at 4.5v on the gain settings when its a 2.5v headunit. The subs amp gain is fine.

finding HU clipping rca volume, and setting gains on amplifier. If you set gains via DMM, you can check if your amps clipping at that voltage.

OP: is there a reason your selling your oscope? i was thinking of buying the same one..

This.

finding HU clipping rca volume, and setting gains on amplifier. If you set gains via DMM, you can check if your amps clipping at that voltage.

i have a JBL MS8 and u can't really use it on that, so i have not need for it anymore, i have an interested buy right now, i'll let u know if it falls through

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Is this as accurate as any other exspensive $500+ oscilloscope? If it is I'll take it, just have to give me a bit to get the cash together. Don't wait up on me.
Setting my gains, aswell as what volume my RCAs clip at. I have them set with a DMM but I still feel like I might be clipping just a bit. My door speaker amp seem sinefficient, pushing the reccommended voltage with ohms law, it's set at 4.5v on the gain settings when its a 2.5v headunit. The subs amp gain is fine.

This.
as far as i know it was pretty accurate, i did both a ddm and this and it was very close

no these cheap oscopes are not the same quality or bandwidth capable as the $500 lab ones. but for what we use they are very good, if you need to measure irregular wave forms above 50khz or so you'll need a lab grade oscope.

i got a dso nano v3 for about $70 and ive been very happy with it

If you want a pocket oscope get the nano v3. It's a great value and extremely convenient. The screen's resolution is plenty to get an accurate read. Just note that if you get a pocket oscope you need to get a 10x probe to read higher voltages, as well as the necessary adapter to make it a 3.5mm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.