What happened to ssteele18? (Rough dimensions of 3 boxes)

Participant count
  • Participant list

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
ssteele18 designed my OA15's box and I just went to his profile to hit him up again for a new design and his last activity was in December...****, I really liked the dude...

anyways. I'm kind of looking for rough dimensions of 3 boxes. For 2 subs. The goal is SQL with a slight emphasis on the lows. Mostly hiphop. Car is 2012 sentra and the amp is most likely going to be an ASPM1500 @ 4 ohms 500 watts

1st box: Sundown E8V2D2 tuned at 32hz. Smallest cube box that could get this done..

2nd box: SoundCubed HDS210 Tuned to 32hz smallest cube box that could get this done..

3rd box Soundcubed HDS210 sealed smallest cube box that could get this done

I have one question....is 32hz a little low for these subs to be tuned at? Maybe I should tune at 35hz?

Yup, Stephen is still around. This forum's just gone down so hard a lot of people aren't frequenting quite like they used to.

Thank you guys for backing me up! I am still around, but like you said that and a lot of other things going on right now I've stopped frequenting the forum.. I try to keep up but it didn't notify me that I was even tagged. So thanks Jason for getting ahold of me. I have greatly decreased my number of builds as of late just bc of being so busy with other ventures, but I still take care of my people. So feel free to hmu in a private message or on Facebook(preferably.. In fact, blow up my page. Need more likes xD)

Thanks guys!

ssteele18 designed my OA15's box and I just went to his profile to hit him up again for a new design and his last activity was in December...****, I really liked the dude...
anyways. I'm kind of looking for rough dimensions of 3 boxes. For 2 subs. The goal is SQL with a slight emphasis on the lows. Mostly hiphop. Car is 2012 sentra and the amp is most likely going to be an ASPM1500 @ 4 ohms 500 watts

1st box: Sundown E8V2D2 tuned at 32hz. Smallest cube box that could get this done..

2nd box: SoundCubed HDS210 Tuned to 32hz smallest cube box that could get this done..

3rd box Soundcubed HDS210 sealed smallest cube box that could get this done

I have one question....is 32hz a little low for these subs to be tuned at? Maybe I should tune at 35hz?
I have 2 HDS210s in a 2.2 cube box tuned to 33 and they slam pretty hard

So you think 1.1 cubes tuned to 32hz would be just fine then?
It'll work, but I've heard Soundqubed subs like bigger boxes. The only reason my box is so small is I had to save room in the trunk for a stroller. As soon as I can get a bigger vehicle I'm getting a box that's 3.5-4 cubes. But 1.1 should be fine, just know the sub won't be hitting to its full potential. I can't wait to get a bigger box to see what they can really do. I've heard DC subs like smaller boxes, maybe look into them if you want.

It'll work, but I've heard Soundqubed subs like bigger boxes. The only reason my box is so small is I had to save room in the trunk for a stroller. As soon as I can get a bigger vehicle I'm getting a box that's 3.5-4 cubes. But 1.1 should be fine, just know the sub won't be hitting to its full potential. I can't wait to get a bigger box to see what they can really do. I've heard DC subs like smaller boxes, maybe look into them if you want.
Arg..................I'm in such a rut....I won't go past 1.7 cubes BEFORE displacement of the sub or the port...

So its either this 10 sealed or the E8V2D4 ported 32hz....what do you think? I really wanna get this system down perfectly for my friend

Arg..................I'm in such a rut....I won't go past 1.7 cubes BEFORE displacement of the sub or the port...
So its either this 10 sealed or the E8V2D4 ported 32hz....what do you think? I really wanna get this system down perfectly for my friend
Displacement of the sub is .07. Soundqubed recommends 1.25-1.5 for 1 10. So that should work just fine. People just found out through trial and error that bigger than recommended works great for them. Like I said, my 2 10s slam in a smaller box. I'm very happy with them, just can't wait to get a bigger box for them.

Displacement of the sub is .07. Soundqubed recommends 1.25-1.5 for 1 10. So that should work just fine. People just found out through trial and error that bigger than recommended works great for them. Like I said, my 2 10s slam in a smaller box. I'm very happy with them, just can't wait to get a bigger box for them.

Alright....so do you think that maybe 1.8 cubes will be good? including sub displacement and port displacement?

1.8 - .07 = 1.73 cubes to work with for the box and the port..tuned to 32hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

EpicMango

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
EpicMango
Colorado
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date