Recommend me a amp for these door speakers please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Morphsuit
10+ year member

My front door speakers are 6x5's P165's (55w RMS, Nominal Impedance: 4-Ohm ) and my rear speakers are 4x9's P1462's (35w RMS, Nominal Impedance: 4-Ohm built in tweeter and crossover.)

I think I might have an idea on which amp to pick out but not sure.

I prefer a Rockford Fosgate 4-channel amp!

Would this one work: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r250x4

Which amp would you recommend and let me know why so I can understand how it works when picking out a amp for door speakers, thanks!

Since you want a fosgate yes. It's always better to have more than the desired power available so the gain does not have to be turned up as high and you won't have as good of a chance of clipping. Set the gains properly and enjoy. There is a tutorial to set the gains in the amplifier section if you don't know how.

I personally prefer class ab for speakers for a cleaner sound but they have come a long way with class d amps so you should be fine. A lot of people have reviewed the amp that have personally used it. I have not so I can't comment on the sound.

Also, when I hook my speakers up to my amp will this help with my speakers not blowing because of to much bass going to the speakers I don't want?

I got 2 12's hooked up and want all the bass going to them just want speakers sounding good but not blowing from bass.

It has high pass filters for the channels so yes. The hu should have a hpf on it too assuming you have an aftermarket. You will ned an inline fuse rated at 40a by the specs of the amp since it's fused externally.

Yes my hu has that, what do I need to do with that setting on my HU. Yes I will have a inline fuse. My bass is on -4 as of now would that help in not blowing my speakers also.

Hpf stops lower frequencies from playing to your speakers. Once you get your amp set the gain on it then play with the hpf to see what sound you like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.