Alright I'm stumped someone help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wanacustomx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright I gotta psi platform 1 10" I bought this sub for temp bass and to beat the hell out of.. It's a dual 1 wired to 2 ohms on my arc ks1200.1 (1200rms @ 2 ohms).

It's in a 4th order band pass tuned to about 52. Loud enough for the wow factor.. At first when the sub started to loosen up a bit it bottomed out a few times nothing crazy. The subs gotten scorching hot plenty of times, still played like a champ.

The other day I got in my car and it just didn't seem as loud, so I went through everything, all wires are secure and snug, all the coils read perfectly the RCA voltage is the same on both L&R RCA.

The only thing I notice is that the sub gets smelly more easily, I expected a coil reading to be off or something, but they are perfect.

SO SMELLY MORE EASILY, AND NOT AS LOUD AS IT USED TO BE, WHEN IT WAS LOUDER IT WOULDNT GET SMELLY AT ALL!!!

Oh like I said fellas if it's a coil issue I don't doubt it..

But no lol I said it bottomed out one time when it first loosened up. Months ago. But it was playing just fine. But yeah weird fellas not a clue. It's like the amp is only seeing one coil or something

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

**** shoulda tried and wired them in parallel and see what it says.. I'll be back haha

Oh like I said fellas if it's a coil issue I don't doubt it..
But no lol I said it bottomed out one time when it first loosened up. Months ago. But it was playing just fine. But yeah weird fellas not a clue. It's like the amp is only seeing one coil or something

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

**** shoulda tried and wired them in parallel and see what it says.. I'll be back haha
No, you said

At first when the sub started to loosen up a bit it bottomed out a few times nothing crazy.
That is not one time.

So... If sub is reading correct resistance then what about the amp? And don't let the sub off the hook yet. It could still read what it's supposed to and have issues. Bottoming out once or multiple times isn't good but depending on brand of sub may lot hurt it too bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.