To snag, or not to snag..

Do eet or dont do eet (please post reasons)

• Total voters

its10v1
10+ year member

The Caped Rock-Head
That is thyne question..

Guy on Craigslist was originally asking $145 for a blown 12w7.

Idea is to hop on it, recone and wait for another cheap/beatup one to come along. Wire the pair for 1.5-ohms.

I threw him an offer of $80. Seemed to be firm on 90. Almost had him convinced into taking $65 cash and a $25 gift card to meijer's (local grocery store.) He said he doesn't go there much and would be a hassle for him to use it. He then told me he was looking for a CD player with a 5-band eq, 3 sets of preouts and a USB port. Supposedly he found a "Boss Audio" single din flip up touch screen that has all that for $90, he just needs the cash..

He's been sending the same text randomly.. "still interested in the JL 12w7? I'll take $90"

Its been a few days, just sent him a text saying I got $70 cash.

If he counter offers with $80 should I do eet?

Should I pass and save pennies?

Snag or not to snag, please give reason why

Thank j00's

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote no. I've always been the type to try and fix anything - and I CAN fix a lot of things. But it doesn't mean I want to spend all of my time fixing stuff - a lot of it just ends up in the basement/garage for fixing at some later date that is likely never going to come. Just buy a working sub and be happy IMO.

I vote no. I've always been the type to try and fix anything - and I CAN fix a lot of things. But it doesn't mean I want to spend all of my time fixing stuff - a lot of it just ends up in the basement/garage for fixing at some later date that is likely never going to come. Just buy a working sub and be happy IMO.

I did my first recone a month ago, it's not hard, nor does it take long.

It'll be reconed almost immediately after I get it, the plan is to let this one sit.. til I find a matching one.

I'm just trying to get it on the cheapness. If he don't budge from 90 I don't think I'll get it..

I say if the motor and basket look good, do it for $80. Worse case scenario, you buy it, recone it, but can't find a match. In that case you flip it and get your money back or trade it for something you want. Just my .02
Exactly, worst case scenario, I'll have a cheap trading piece.

Best case scenario I'll have 2 dub-7's wangin on 2k RMS @ 1.5-Ohm.

F*CKER is asking if I have any trades... None that I'm willing to give up, or that he's interested in..

sonofabitch is actually asking for Halo 3: ODST and an Xbox 360 ChatPad.. plus some cash. No way he's getting $80+trade. I told him $60+trade.

The game/chatpad were given to me by a friend but they were used ~5 times total.

Edit, He didnt realize it was Halo 3: ODST.. Doesn't sound like he wants it. Offered $70+ChatPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

its10v1

10+ year member
The Caped Rock-Head
its10v1
Flint, Murda-Mitten(Mi)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied