02 Accord Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dbruckn

Hey guys,

I've been playing around with my setup today, and thought you guys could help me figure out what to do. I've got a 15" Kicker L5 in the trunk of my 2 door 02 Accord. It sounds alright, but it's not nearly as loud or clear as I think it should be. So I dropped down my back seat, and it sounded much better.

I can't really drive around with my backseat down, so do you guys have any idea how I might get some more sound through the rear deck into the main cab of the car? Right now it is just going through the holes where the speakers used to be.

Thanks in advance!

Not a whole lot you can do with that without spending some money to do some modification to the rear seat/remove,and wall it up.You have like a a wall seperation so to speak,listening to the bass from the room next door.you can get more power/heavier rms made sub maybe, or just keep both seats down/or one,or place the sub in the back seat,or sell the car, and get something where the sub will be inside the cabin space with you.May be able to Modify the back deck/remove/and make one in place/frame up,and use speaker cloth.I just rode around with one seat down.Just one extra step when getting in, and getting out to put it back up

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. The current amp is mounted to the back of the seats, and is too big to be on just one or the other. I might just look at a different amp placement and just let one seat down.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. The current amp is mounted to the back of the seats, and is too big to be on just one or the other. I might just look at a different amp placement and just let one seat down.
You can build an amp board on the side of the trunk space, and mount that amp horizontal/long ways,you will also get some cooler air in there too with seat down

Alright do as follows: Copy and paste this setup into your Accord for some awesomeness that will, break your rear view mirror, break your sunroof, start tearing seals off your roof, etc... I also do not drive with the backseat down at all...

Gotta have Fix a Flat and air pump because you won't have a tire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There is also a Group 31 battery in a custom built cage using the spare tire mount and wing nut.

Ported into Rear deck. Sealed 100 percent from cabin into trunk.

Make sure to lock your trunk opener and only allow it to be opened by a key...

Some quick tweeter mounts I whipped up a while ago.

Add red glow to increase your ***** size.

My car has a arm rest in the middle of the back seat. I cut out a rectangle hole in the back seat, right behind the arm rest. So when the arm rest is down, i get lots of bass coming through there. But then I can always fold the arm rest up and it covers up the hole.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.