Sign in to follow this  
knotdrummer88

amp rack+AQ box

hello, I just got my AQ 2200 in and I plan on building an amp rack and maybe rebuilding the box. well first, for the amp rack should I use mdf? or is there another wood(maybe cheaper) that would work just as good? I would either paint it or wrap it.

Second, When I do that I might build a new box. I love the lows, the box now hits the lows pretty good, its approx. 6 cu/ft and tuned to approx. 35-36 hz. If I lower the tuning instead of gaining any low end output will I just decrease my output on the high end? and the sub is the hdc3 18" copper coils

I look for a girl with lowered standards, and possibly a vision problem. Depth perception and size awareness problems are a definite must. Also must like river-dancing and hideous, irreversible burn scars.

What can I say, Im an old fashioned kind of guy.

mdf is cheap, your other option would cost more unless you go with inexpensive plywood.

Your second question is impossible to answer. Generally all things being equal, a lower tune will give you a lower audible frequency and less overall SPL.

Refs: purerx7tt, VOA_NIGHTMARE, cversion7, rawdogj, lostsoul, 6spdcoupe, bigbirney420, PepsiFriend69 and a few others...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this