Lets do a poll - 15"s for a Tahoe

Vagomire
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I may get a Tahoe in the future to put some boofers in.

If I don't, then is there any way I could fit 15s in a big trunk (like on a bonneville or impala or lincoln)?

Maybe I'll keep my Blazer instead of selling it and put the boofers in there..

Which vehicle do you think?

What I want:

Very low, loud, powerful, boomy, CLEAN, vibrating bass.

I think I want them in a sealed box.

I just want two huge 15" subwoofers.

Now this is the part where I need your help, choosing the woofers.

- Orion HCCAs (I have been admiring these for a while)

- Fi BTL

- Sundown Nightshade

- DC Level 5

I don't know how much any of these cost new besides the HCCA which is around $600 for the 15" version.

It would probably make more sense to buy used woofers, wouldn't it?

If you want good lows, port your subs and tune ~30hz. Also, the subs you listed require 1kw at bare minimum, even more in a sealed box. Do you have the electrical upgrades to run 3kw+? In my opinion, grab a couple of Mach 5 IXL-15's, put them in 7ft^3 tuned to 28hz, Grab a Sundown 1500D in the classifieds for ~$300 to run at 1/2ohm, and enjoy the lows.

http://www.mach5audio.com

Also, the price of the Mach 5's will equal one of the other subs you're wanting(maybe less).

if you go sealeded id take the BTL,nightshade,and lvl5 offf that list as they are better suited for ported boxes.fi q's would be nice or even the sa 15's. Soundsplinter rlp is nice also

If you want good lows, port your subs and tune ~30hz. Also, the subs you listed require 1kw at bare minimum, even more in a sealed box. Do you have the electrical upgrades to run 3kw+? In my opinion, grab a couple of Mach 5 IXL-15's, put them in 7ft^3 tuned to 28hz, Grab a Sundown 1500D in the classifieds for ~$300 to run at 1/2ohm, and enjoy the lows.
http://www.mach5audio.com

Also, the price of the Mach 5's will equal one of the other subs you're wanting(maybe less).
I plan on pushing each boofer with 1 AQ3001d a piece, and I certainly do not have the electrical to run them now, but I will when I get my ****.

I tried a custom ported box for my kenwoods and I didn't like it much, I built it over specs so it would be lower but I still didn't get the same rumble and I didn't get the same lows..

Thanks very much for the advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ported boxes are very dependent on install. If you miss a cut by .5" your port tuning changes thus changing entire sound of it. Ive noticed over the years that a ported sub can be as tight as a sealed just depends on sub and install.

Oh yeah for sealed 15" boofers Fi Q's fully loaded.

And if you're a true basshead w/ a tahoe 2 15" won't be enough... I thought so until I put 4 15" in mine... but... also my 3rd row light in the ceiling has broken and shot out as well as my sunroof going out and my glass hatch lock/release breaking... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

2 18 inch night shades in 11 cubes on a vfl500.1 at .5 with 130 inches or port tuned to 35 for the win should 151s to 153s on 12 volt setup 154s on 16v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Vagomire

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Vagomire
Rockford, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date