Hertz Mille 165 vs JL ZR650-CSI

I had JL's XR components, and recently got some hertz HSK-165s and I like them much more. The JLs were harsh, but the HSK's are much more laid back and smooth sounding. I know these are the same lines we are talking about, but I still say go with the Hertz.

id wait on the HERTZ. i have a set and right now i am waiting for my dealer to hear back from HERTZ regarding the mille mids seizing up in freezing temps. if they cant find a solution i may be forced to switch to a different set/brand. just a heads up. i will know by the end of the week or so.

you cant go wrong with hertz milles.

I dont buy comps any more, but if i did Hertz milles would be on my list of comps, I really really like the tweeters- not harsh & smooth, the mid is more aggressive with the right amount of power to them,

your install is very important with which ever brand you buy,

Thanks guys, I got the MLK165's!
I'd call the dealer you got them from and tell them you want the re engineered mids. My dealer took a mid from a set and put it in his shops freezer over night and took it out to show the Hertz rep the next morning. The Surround material froze and he could not move the cone. The rep took that info to Hertz and I am being sent re engineered mids directly from their Italy location. Since you are in Canada i HIGHLY recommend you look into this. Any subzero temps and your speakers will destroy themselves if you try to play them. Trust me I've gone through two mids already.

I'd call the dealer you got them from and tell them you want the re engineered mids. My dealer took a mid from a set and put it in his shops freezer over night and took it out to show the Hertz rep the next morning. The Surround material froze and he could not move the cone. The rep took that info to Hertz and I am being sent re engineered mids directly from their Italy location. Since you are in Canada i HIGHLY recommend you look into this. Any subzero temps and your speakers will destroy themselves if you try to play them. Trust me I've gone through two mids already.
Is there a way to know what version you get, re-engineered or not?

That sounds bad! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Is there a way to know what version you get, re-engineered or not?
Go for the hertz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The JL are harsh and over price compared to the performance that they can do.

Man i didn't think of sub zero temperature can damage your speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif . Luckily i live down south.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.