JL Audio and your experiences with there componants

Participant count
  • Participant list
looking to buy some jl componants, probably a xr or zr series, just wondering if people with the setup thinks they are worth the money or could a better product been bought with the same amount of cash, and how do people think they sound.

looking at 5 1/4's with 1" tweeters and 4"s and some 6x9"s. probably going to run 1 w3 12 and jl hd amps.

JL is a good company... and their stuff sounds great.

But, it's not worth the money spent. A $300 JL set can be matched up with a set that costs $150-200.

I have some 5x7's and 6.5's in my wifes Mustang.I dont remember the exact model but they sound very nice.They are very clear and fairly neutral.I have them amped at about 100 watts and she can turn the volume up almost all the way and they is almost no distortion.

I know most people here dont really care for JL.Im sure at there price point you can do better,but if you can get a good deal on some Id say go for it.Ive heard the Zr's and they are some very nice sounding comps.

I am in the process of purchasing a new audio system, and I had the ZR-650's in my previous vehicle. I was so happy with them and yesterday I demo'd almost the full line of Hertz components (except anything over $2000.00) and I am going with the JL 650-CSi's again. Very good speaker and they can take some abuse. I had a 13W7 ported in the last vehicle as well and I could crank that thing so loud and the components would keep up no problem.

The new system:

Audison Bit One (Awesome) to Integrate w/ Nav/SYNC System

Audison LRx 3.1K

JL Audio ZR 650-CSi Fronts

1x 10W3v3 Sealed for Woofers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.