amp cuttin off

pelekeliko
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
so basically my amp just started cutting off today!

been hooked up for over a week, working no problems, then today just started shutting off even at the lowest volumes!

any quick ideas of wat it could be?

dvc sub wired only into one channel of the two channel amp!

any help?!

gain is all the way down!

all wires are tight!

i have the amp connected to a switch! to turn it on and off!

as soon as i turn it on. the light comes on, on the amp and everything but wen the beat hits the amp light dims and the sub cuts off and it continues to do this everytime the beat hits!

dvc sub!

one voice coil wired together!

the other coil wired straight into only one channel on the amp!

did u get the paint off and have it to where it was shiny metal where you grounded it?

just seen a lot of bad grounds where paint is not taken off or the wire is corroding so it gets a voltage drop causing it to turn off.

if the ground is really good try using the other channel to see if it does the same. or maybe rewiring the sub in series to see if it turns off at a higher impedance

Bad subwoofer maybe? I had the same issue, everytime it hit a certain volume my amp would cut off and go into protection mode. Ended up being one of my subwoofers was dead. Just a thought.

If the subwoofer is fine, try rewiring without a switch, certainly could be the issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.