Jump to content


Recommended Posts

alrite guys i kno there isnt to much to improve ur cars gas mileage but any help would be nice i kno by doing the following would help but i kno there is more:

 

Change air fliter

Change oil

Clean injectors

 

any more?

 

cuz i got the car bout a year ago and the mileage jus keeps getn worse n worse


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]THE SETUP

 

[HU-Pioneer DEH-P4800MP

DOOR-Pioneer 4x6 3 way speakers

REAR-Pioneer 6x9

SPEAKER AMP-Kenwood kacps150

SUBWOOFERS-2 Kicker CVRs wired at 1 ohm

SUBWOOFER AMP-Hifonics Brutus BXI 1606D

Enclousure-Custom, Tuned at 32 hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

get a new car


 

Refs: buddyleee5, mustardsauce, 3.5Max6spd, mendon99, pittbull12888, titan714, 2loud4u(x2), rammin, Basic1906, acold7dusta, bk12321, haunther, sporty drew, Racerx250, smiley2186, speedfreak28, simpsonbuck, IDSkoT, RidnClean, x2o, chaunb3400, tapout

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't floor it after each stopsign or stop light. go the speed limit. oil change, air filter, tire pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fill your gas tank with water;.....cheaper and you wont spend anymore money on gas for that car


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

 

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

exahust. cold air intake. tornado fuel thing. throttle body spacers will but there about a waste of money in my opinion. basically you want your car to get more air in and get it out as quick as possible.


Did you know?: 98% of people say "OH s***!" when they hit an ice patch. the other 2% are from Delaware and say, "Hold my beer and check this s*** out!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tire pressure, spark plug gap


1994 Thunderbird

JVC KD-AV7010

Alpine 6x9 3-ways

Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)

JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer

Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz

MTX 404 runs the inside

MTX 1501d runs the X

Optima G75/25 RT up front

2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk

200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)

ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE :fyi:

I always knew I was a feggot.
We're all feggots on the inside :fyi:
I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.

DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN :fyi:

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but all the ones suggested before me are pretty good lol.


Did you know?: 98% of people say "OH s***!" when they hit an ice patch. the other 2% are from Delaware and say, "Hold my beer and check this s*** out!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
exahust. cold air intake. tornado fuel thing. throttle body spacers will but there about a waste of money in my opinion. basically you want your car to get more air in and get it out as quick as possible.

 

that thing is scrap metal. pos worthless investment


1994 Thunderbird

JVC KD-AV7010

Alpine 6x9 3-ways

Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)

JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer

Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz

MTX 404 runs the inside

MTX 1501d runs the X

Optima G75/25 RT up front

2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk

200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)

ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE :fyi:

I always knew I was a feggot.
We're all feggots on the inside :fyi:
I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.

DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN :fyi:

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check you tire pressure

 

Keep your car junk free(more weight is bad for MPG)

 

Cold air intake

 

High flow exhaust


Team High Desert Mobile Electronics ABQ, NM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worked pretty **** good on my truck. i got 3 more mpg's


Did you know?: 98% of people say "OH s***!" when they hit an ice patch. the other 2% are from Delaware and say, "Hold my beer and check this s*** out!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driving habits can make the biggest improvements in milage, don't follow so closely and honestly find a style where you rarely if ever use your brakes. Think about it after each time you jump on the brakes you jump right back on the throttle, just go easy and relax behind the wheel. Otherwise basic tune up stuff and keeping the vehicle in good condition as stated above, Tire pressure is a biggie, clean oil, proper plug gap, clean air filter. I have never tried it but possible if its gettin worse try some injector cleaner.

 

What kind of vehicle is it?


2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4

-Work in Progress-

HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC

Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active

Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4

Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console

Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

 

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
that thing is scrap metal. pos worthless investment

 

have you ever used it to say that? It def helped my brother old jeep out and a couple of my friends had them on old cars claiming about 2-4mpg more depending on there car


Hyundai Tiburon

Front: CDT EF-61CFi/25

Rear: none

Subwoofer: 10" Sundown Nightshade

Box: Custom Box 1.6 cubes 36hz

Speaker amp: Sundown 100.2

Sub amp: Sundown 1500D

Battery: Kinetik hc800

TL: ??? will get it metered when its all finished

Team: Sundown

 

Refs:

JBLCAMRY, Bjfish11, Sundownz, Slammed, Grinder1989, lilmaniac2, exige, blackbonnie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99 grand am not the best car but all i could afford


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]THE SETUP

 

[HU-Pioneer DEH-P4800MP

DOOR-Pioneer 4x6 3 way speakers

REAR-Pioneer 6x9

SPEAKER AMP-Kenwood kacps150

SUBWOOFERS-2 Kicker CVRs wired at 1 ohm

SUBWOOFER AMP-Hifonics Brutus BXI 1606D

Enclousure-Custom, Tuned at 32 hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fill your gas tank with water;.....cheaper and you wont spend anymore money on gas for that car

 

jump of a cliff


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]THE SETUP

 

[HU-Pioneer DEH-P4800MP

DOOR-Pioneer 4x6 3 way speakers

REAR-Pioneer 6x9

SPEAKER AMP-Kenwood kacps150

SUBWOOFERS-2 Kicker CVRs wired at 1 ohm

SUBWOOFER AMP-Hifonics Brutus BXI 1606D

Enclousure-Custom, Tuned at 32 hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
have you ever used it to say that? It def helped my brother old jeep out and a couple of my friends had them on old cars claiming about 2-4mpg more depending on there car

 

nope. but if your intake tube is curved, what happens then? it's been widely accepted on a car forum i frequent that this thing is useless


1994 Thunderbird

JVC KD-AV7010

Alpine 6x9 3-ways

Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)

JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer

Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz

MTX 404 runs the inside

MTX 1501d runs the X

Optima G75/25 RT up front

2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk

200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)

ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE :fyi:

I always knew I was a feggot.
We're all feggots on the inside :fyi:
I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.

DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN :fyi:

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
get a new car

 

 

not that easy for all of us


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]THE SETUP

 

[HU-Pioneer DEH-P4800MP

DOOR-Pioneer 4x6 3 way speakers

REAR-Pioneer 6x9

SPEAKER AMP-Kenwood kacps150

SUBWOOFERS-2 Kicker CVRs wired at 1 ohm

SUBWOOFER AMP-Hifonics Brutus BXI 1606D

Enclousure-Custom, Tuned at 32 hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but my intake tube isnt curved so therefore it helps me. proven it works.


Did you know?: 98% of people say "OH s***!" when they hit an ice patch. the other 2% are from Delaware and say, "Hold my beer and check this s*** out!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
but my intake tube isnt curved so therefore it helps me. proven it works.

 

if it works for you, super!!


1994 Thunderbird

JVC KD-AV7010

Alpine 6x9 3-ways

Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)

JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer

Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz

MTX 404 runs the inside

MTX 1501d runs the X

Optima G75/25 RT up front

2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk

200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)

ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE :fyi:

I always knew I was a feggot.
We're all feggots on the inside :fyi:
I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.

DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN :fyi:

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
exahust. cold air intake. tornado fuel thing. throttle body spacers will but there about a waste of money in my opinion. basically you want your car to get more air in and get it out as quick as possible.

 

Throttle body spacers could help in a slight few cases, but not on a Grand Am. An intake manifold spacer would help more so than TB spacers. They work by shifting the torque curve up, thus lowering the RPMs while cruising, in most cases. This is at the expense of low end torque, which will cause a slight decrease in city MPGs. If you're a highway driver, and have the kind of time it would take to install them, go for it. Chances are, they would takes years to pay for themselves, though. Tornados are a waste on any car that has any kind of twist or bend in the IM, because a twist or bend interrupts the 'spiral' of the air flow. On most cars you would need an IM spacer. Pretty much, if you want to modify the airflow, with a positive effect, on a fuel injected car, other than just adding more air, you would have to do so between the IM and cylinder head.


2006 Mercury Milan Premier - White on Cocoa/Caramel Leather

DEH-P8600MP, TS-D720Cs, TS-SW2501D4 @ 2, PRS-D4200F/1200M. JL 0/1, Stinger SHI RCAs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say your best bet is to make sure all the tires are inflated correctly, maybe a little higher than whats on the door.


'89 Montero- Clarion DXZ765MP, 4 Alpine full range, 2 JL 12w0 sealed JL powerwedge, Fosgate 360 A2

AIM: monturboracer

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323162

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's free & easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×