Are Kickers Overated?

cjacks2011
10+ year member

Gas City
Alright so today I am hanging out with my friends and one of them is talking **** about kicker subs and how shitty they are and how not loud they are...Are kicker subs really like this? And if so how many rms would it take to power the L7 12" 2 ohm to thump really good?

Kickers are very good subs, and get plenty loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For a pair of L7 12's, I would go with a 1500 watt RMS amp.

I think Kickers are great subs Granted there not the BEST or LOUDEST there still really good subs...If you look at compitition scores the Kickers will bring in some high numbers.

Your friend really doesn't know what he is talking about. If he said that most kicker subs do not have the best SQ compared to alot of other subs then he might not sound like a complete idiot. Him saying that they are shitty and not loud leads me to believe that he doesn't know "anything" about car audio.

I agree with Kold.....1000Wrms

curtis

depends on the budget, i have 2 l7 15's and im plenty satisfied, when i get the blazer imma either wall them up or build a big ass box port them the about 35 or 38 hz and expect 150's. Kickers are the best subs ive owned so far.

i put two 8" kicker CVR's in my SUV that im selling. I figured they would jsut be some eyecandy cuz everyone knows kicker.

I was actually very impressed with them heh. Awesome ouput for what i paid for them.

kickers are loud, but they aren't the best sounding, and everyone and their mom has them. Read up here in the subwoofers thread, and you will learn alot about many other brands.

ask your friend what he thinks are better then kicker...if he says JL then kick him in the nuts cause hes just a plain ol queer, whose only answer to anything car audio related starts and ends with "JL"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.