Help a Noobie out...

tex512
10+ year member

SlowLoudAndBangin
Alright I'm pretty sure I found a good hitting system in my pricing range but wanted to make sure everything will work out with eachother when I buy it. That's where you guys come in and let me know if it will run smoothly or if I'm a fool. I plan on getting two 12" L7's (4 ohm). I'm going to power them with two hifonic amps 1200.1 at 1 ohm. (is 2400 watts too much to run my L7's at all day? Don't want to hurt em). And with knowing how I'm going to hook them up do I need to buy a certain type of amp kit for each since they will be wired at 1 ohm, or will them amp kit that they make for my amp be fine? I plan on getting two 2 farad copasiters to help out my battery. Should I invest in another battery or will mine hold up with the copasiters helping it out? If it's causing my subs power I will have no problem buying a better battery. If so what battery would you suggest? Wanted to post a final thread before I make the purchases. I appriciate everyones help with my system on here. Thanks:)

They'll be the new 2006 L7's. I heard if i got the 4 ohm version I could run them at 1 ohm... the amp i plan on getting is 1 ohm stable at 1200 watts

if you get 1 amp for 1 sub and the sub is dual 4 then you cant get 1 ohm, if you wire each sub to 2 and then both to the amp then your at 1 ohm

If you plan on running one amp per each sub, then you can get the following configs with those subs.

D4 = 2 ohm / 4 ohm

D2 = 2 ohm / 1 ohm

So you could get both Dual 2 ohm subs, and wire each of them at 1 Ohms, but I have no idea how much power those things can handle.

As far as powering them, check out http://www.knukonceptz.com/

I recommend running 1/0 wire from your battery in the front to your trunk. Then split that wire out with a distro block.

I take it you're looking at 2x of these amps? Hifonics BX1205D? Those amps are overated so you won't be getting 1200 watts RMS on each sub, but then again, I think these subs run more around 800 RMS..? Correct me if im wrong.

Maybe check into getting a single amp that puts out 1600 RMS @ 1 ohm, and then get the Dual 4 ohm subs.

If you plan on running one amp per each sub, then you can get the following configs with those subs.D4 = 2 ohm / 4 ohm

D2 = 2 ohm / 1 ohm

So you could get both Dual 2 ohm subs, and wire each of them at 1 Ohms, but I have no idea how much power those things can handle.

As far as powering them, check out http://www.knukonceptz.com/

I recommend running 1/0 wire from your battery in the front to your trunk. Then split that wire out with a distro block.

I take it you're looking at 2x of these amps? Hifonics BX1205D? Those amps are overated so you won't be getting 1200 watts RMS on each sub, but then again, I think these subs run more around 800 RMS..? Correct me if im wrong.

Maybe check into getting a single amp that puts out 1600 RMS @ 1 ohm, and then get the Dual 4 ohm subs.
youre only half right...a d4 sub will only be able to be wired to either 2 or 8 ohms, a d2 sub to 1 or 4 ohms

the 06 12L7's are known to handle 2kw+ each. but you don't have to throw that much at them. hell you could throw 600wrms at them and be fine. it takes double the power to hear an audible increase.

but if you're doing 2 amps, then i'd get 2 DUAL 2OHM woofers and wire EACH ONE to 1ohm on each amp. you'll be set.

oh and if you're electrical system is straining on the stock alt and battery, getting 2 capacitors will just put more strain on it. ditch the caps, swap the red top for a yellow top, and maybe get a kinetik battery in the trunk and upgrade your big 3. worst comes to worst, always upgrade your alty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.