(4) IA 20.1 or (4) RF T3000

What Amp to power 4 18" MT

• Total voters

TypeR0149
10+ year member

Medical School Dropout
naples FL
well I am going to make a amp change in the near future, I would really like to go with the IA, and have emailed Nick with maybe becoming part of the team. I also have a oppurtunity to buy some t3000 from a friend.

here is how I would run them

I have dual Alt's ( 1 250amp, and 1 300amp)

also have 12 Deka 12volt batteries( with the 2 goliaths voltage rarely dropped under 13.8)

IA 20.1 at .5 ohm daily

T3000 (recone woofers to dual 2) and run those at 1ohm, (unless I run the t3000 at .5 ohm, BUT i dont know if they can do that over the course of a year of street beating.

there are alot of people smarter than I am on this board and have experiance with both, any input and what would produce more power, what "should" be louder.

Thanks

Mike

Each amp per sub wise I'd say the T3000's will most likely push more power . But I havent had time to test my IA 20.1 to tell ya exact numbers . I've seen several T3000 birth sheets saying close to 3500 and even some above . But IA is a great company and wouldnt hesitate to use them . If you could possibly do a 16V system and strap them at 1ohm that might work better then the RF's. I'm not exact on this subject so maybe someone with a lil more experience on the MT's could chime in .

ill post this up on Term-pro there are some very smart people there.

but then again none of the big dogs here have seen it...

the IA will cost more for me, but I dont have to re-cone

how cheap are the rfs? warranty? you'll likely get a bunch of response saying to get the 20.1 (mostly from people who have never even seen one in person, let alone used one) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif. Honestly I haven't used either so can't really help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Don't think you would really go wrong with either of em though. Are you competing too, or are these just for DD? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i know for a fact that t3000s are "louder" but it wasnt by much...

Guy at finals lost i think .3db by switching from t3000s to 20.1s

Well I personally havent messed around with either amps. But From hearing testimonials on the IA's, I would go with them. Simply because I have heard these amps can drop down to insane impedance loads (if needed), and the main reason, Nick and the rest of the IA crew frequents some of the online forums, so they are around if any questions arise...but remember, im supporting IA on customer service alone, and testimonials from others, I havent used the amp.

What VCs ur MTs have? Do plan on listening to music, or is this straight SPL?
Subs are 1 ohm...he said DD as well so I'd assume for music....Id also assume with all that equipment that he'd hit up some shows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Well I personally havent messed around with either amps. But From hearing testimonials on the IA's, I would go with them. Simply because I have heard these amps can drop down to insane impedance loads (if needed), and the main reason, Nick and the rest of the IA crew frequents some of the online forums, so they are around if any questions arise...but remember, im supporting IA on customer service alone, and testimonials from others, I havent used the amp.
Hell yea they can drop rediculously low, we had them playing music @.375ohm each. And burping straight out @.085ohm

And IA is a great company to work with, very helpfull //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

its a bass race Truck. for .3 DB I will be running a 12v system so the differance may be more, i know the IA shine above 15v

the subs are dual 1;s i would have to recone to dual 2 to run the RF's

Im guessin @ $100 per recone, thats gonna out shine the price difference between the t3000s and 20.1s.

I have no actual experiance with the RF amps, but i do know 20.1s... And for music they will suprise u how low they will play. But at the same time, i dont see the RFs having any issues playing .5 daily they are just built well also.

I dont know all of the bass race rules, but I would think you would want which ever amp is most efficent and puts out the most power at your impedance level. If you strap the IA but impedance rise is ~1ohm and the RF put out more power at that level, one would think that the RF's are the way to go...One would also think that the RF's would be able to easily handle the .5 load if you kept the voltage up and took out the protection circuts(if any)

Just me thoughts, like I said, I am not to firmiliar with bass race.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

TypeR0149

10+ year member
Medical School Dropout
TypeR0149
naples FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies