Results of supersub comparo

AndonD454
10+ year member

The Wistles Go WOOOOOO!
im sure almost all of you guys have seen the ICIX woofer comparison. high excursion woofers in what was mostly an objective comparo done by ben milne of eD.. any woofer currently in production with high excursion blah blah you know the story.

heres the link to the results:

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?p=162855#post162855

thought the test was done well. as objective as i couldve asked for i guess. almost too much so when the performance info was listed IMO... but it seems like there are a couple woofers missing from the original comparo.. like the XXX stands out in my head.. not sure what other ones arent there i would have to check the original thread.

sure most of you already saw this somewhere else but wanted to bring it here and see any thoughts

I'll say the same thing I said on Termpro...

Not a bad job, but less time talking about appearance, and more talking about performance...

After all, it's not a friggin beauty pageant

And I highly doubt RE would want to send a woofer to eDuh. They'd probably test it, and then claim it's on backorder and will arrive back shortly, or it got stuck on a banana boat in Korea.

Mag wanst currently in production.. SS i think didnt want to be in.. but i thought they had the XXX in.. liek it was waiting to be tested.. maybe not i cant remember.. somebody find the first ICIX thread abotu it haha im too lazy

and i agree abotu less looks more performance.. i mean the design part was kinda cool cause its new stuff for me.. but i just wish the performance (esp. in the sq dept.) would have been much more elaborate. spl was pretty obvious.. and the numbers were ok there i guess cause numbers are the best results.. but still talk about it for a minute man..

I wouldn't agree to send one of my company's woofers to a competitor for a comparison test either. That's sort of asking for trouble. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif It is interesting for the ones who did participate however.

I'll say the same thing I said on Termpro...
Not a bad job, but less time talking about appearance, and more talking about performance...

After all, it's not a friggin beauty pageant
I have to agree with that. There was far too much about how it looked.

How often will a sub have better spl results in a sealed enclosure like the ID did? Does this hold true in a lot of ID installs?

I wouldn't agree to send one of my company's woofers to a competitor for a comparison test either. That's sort of asking for trouble. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif It is interesting for the ones who did participate however.
I agree, but what's stopping them...OR any competitor from calling up and ordering one?

NG

the thing i don't like about the test is that for the spl portion they never mentioned how much wattage each sub was receiving. surely the solox can handle a hell of a lot more than some of the others.

the thing i don't like about the test is that for the spl portion they never mentioned how much wattage each sub was receiving. surely the solox can handle a hell of a lot more than some of the others.

i believe every sub was run on an ED 9.1 but i'm not sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AndonD454

10+ year member
The Wistles Go WOOOOOO!
AndonD454
Toledo/Columbus, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date