$200 for a cheap Deck. Choices Choices

Ruffy
10+ year member

Death to the salad eaters
I'd like a cheap deck to tied me over for a year while I compile and fabricate a carPC into my car.

Now. I'd like to spend $200 Max TOTAL. That includes shipping. Includes wiring harness. Faceplate and so on.

Because of this I was looking at crutchfield. For warranty, free shipping, and goodies. These are the choices there.

Pioneer DEH-P4800MP $149.99 * Green Display, im shifting my interior to a blue display so it will clash*

Panasonic CQ-C7103U

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP $179.99 * Red Buttons, Clashes with everything*

JVC KD-G820 $199.99 * Has USB! But it's f*$#ng Ugly*

Kenwood KDC-MP5032 $199.99 *Not Baad Looking, But not great*

Panasonic CQ-C7203U * I was highly considering this one * $199 shipped w ipod adapter and a $20 Mail in Rebate

Panasonic CQ-C7303U $209.99 * Too shiny/silverish*

Pioneer DEH-P6800MP $219.99 *Really nice, Too Expensive*

The thing I care about the most is 3 sets of preamp out, 2v+ Outputs, and a dark display. My interior is dark, My trim is dark. So no bright silver looking units. I'd also like Good MP3 playback. My older Panasonic in my jeep took forever to boot to a mp3 cd.

My choices got this muddled because I heard and read that the Panasonics have skipping problems when you have any real bass output. So what would you get

Any other choices that would let me get harness + mounting hardware and still stay under $200?

I would say spring the extra cash for the 6800, no sense in being cheap and chating yourself.

Also, what do you have against salad eaters.???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

I've seen Eclipse 8445's on ebay for $175-$199 yeah thats gonna go over budget /w shipping and harness, etc . . . But its a great deck for the price, you really cant beat it.

I would say spring the extra cash for the 6800, no sense in being cheap and chating yourself.
Also, what do you have against salad eaters.???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
680 is the premiere, has higher Voltage, looks nicer in my car. And cost more.

Also. Salad eaters is from a game. Armed and Dangerous. Crazy funny game. One of the funniest I've ever played.

To explain it. These Gardening robots get reprogrammed to goto war. But since they're gardening robots they form they're own "side". Which is them Vs anyone who harms plants. Hence the Death to the salad eaters line.

As for the kenwood and eclispe. I am not liking the looks but I am considering them. I might have this HU for only 6months so theres no point me in getting time adjustment and 12 band EQ. Eventually my CarPC will take over everything. After that the HU might or might not still be in use.

As for alpine. I've used many. Had 2 models. Hate the looks, + they all look the **** same in that pricerange.

yes i know the all look tha same and i didnt want one for the same reason...But if ur going to go cheap it is the best deck...

Or u could just go get some crap from wal-mart... up to u...

but if ur pick and u already have 200 just save a little while longer...if u cant

ALPINE

buy a cheap deck at wall mart for 100 bucks (or anythign at walmart), you have 90 days i believe to return it for a FULL refund.....then get ur money back once u got ur car pc in...... ftw

forgot to mention, go to one walmart and do that for 3 months, then go to another walmart and do that for 3 months, before you know it youll have ur carpc in and all ur $$$ back, no reselling hassle and looseing money

and yes F*** walmart, i hate that place

buy a cheap deck at wall mart for 100 bucks (or anythign at walmart), you have 90 days i believe to return it for a FULL refund.....then get ur money back once u got ur car pc in...... ftw

sadly im considering this...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.