zx-6 vs gsx r 600

x2.^

I would get a used gsxr750. Maby a used gsxr 600 with an exhaust and filter or something. I started out on a R1 and did fine, just took it easy for a long long time.

I personally wouldn't buy used...I never know what's happened to that bike before getting to me...I rather do my own break in period and know exactly how the bike was ridden... Plus there's a nice warranty, and for 99$ a month...You can't beat that on a brand new bike...

Ok

Everyone is trying to steer you away from the 750 as you are a begginer. My first bike was a 99' 750 Gixxer Black/Red. First street bike but I have had dirt bikes all my life and ride lots. Didnt know what to expect so I took it easy for a little while. You get really confortable on them and start to push the limits. Eventually you will want a bigger one as I did. The 750 is a bit heavier and a little fast than the 600 but its still a good bike to learn on. Its FAST but you can always go faster. Make sure you respect these things as the will go 0-180 in like 8 sec or death!! You should get the 750 to start or after you get confortable riding the 600 you will have to go out and buy another one chances are being the 750 so skip it and go to the big one. You wont be sorry. Hope this helps a little!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.