Wiring two amps..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rodge
10+ year member

I'm getting 2 eD NINe.2x amps. One of them is going to run 2 eD 11Kv.2's at 2 Ohms each for 600 watts RMS combined. The other one will be running a set of eD 6500s Components at 4Ohms each for another 300 watts RMS combined. I have a 170amp stock alternator. According to eD's site between the two, running full-bore, they would draw exactly 170amps.

Here's my questions:

Should I run 0AWG wire from the battery to a block, and then 4AWG to each NINe.2x, or will 4AWG from the battery to a block, and then 8AWG to each NINe.2x be succifient?

Last, should I upgrade any part of my electric system? New battery, new alt, battery and alt, big 3, battery alt and big3? Or will I be fine with nothin upgraded?

Here's my questions:

Should I run 0AWG wire from the battery to a block, and then 4AWG to each NINe.?
Yes

or will 4AWG from the battery to a block, and then 8AWG to each NINe.2x be succifient??
No

Last, should I upgrade any part of my electric system? New battery, new alt, battery and alt, big 3, battery alt and big3? Or will I be fine with nothin upgraded?
i wouldnt mess with anything unless you have dimmer or any other kind of electrical problem

The guy at work said 4 and 8AWG wiring would be good, he also told me to buy a capacitor. He also had a shop do his install. I was going to go with the 0AWG just for the fact, that if I decide to upgrade, it's already there.

Thanks!

You can get by with 4 gauge from the battery to trunk but get 0 gauge for future upgrades. Do the Big 3 with 0 gauge at the same as the install. At the very least, run another ground wire from your battery to the chassis.

You dont need a capacitor. I would upgrade the battery and alternator first (if needed).

This is in a double cab truck...no trunk. And now that I think of it, I won't be upgrading. The only way I'd be able to is if I got rid of the back seat completely, which I don't want to do.

Oh yeah, two more questions:

1) The amp kit I'm getting has a distribution block for the grounds an a single grounding block. I'm assuming I take a ground wire from each amp to the block and then one wire to the grounding block?

2) How about the remote wire? Run one from the HU to the first amp, and then daisy chain another wire from the first amp to the second?

Here's the Amp Kit I'm getting: http://www.edesignaudio.com/wire_product.php?productid=251

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.