Wire came unplugged on amp, where do i put it back into?

jh95zenki
10+ year member

New York
Ok so I'm a car audio noob and need some help

my speakers died the other day but my sub kept playing. I popped the trunk and the ground wire for the amp for my components came out. Now I know that I have to plug this back in, but also another thinner wire came out of the amp for my components that connects to my sub amp (it's still connected to the remote input on sub amp). Now where do I hook up this thinner wire to on the amp for my components? (my guess is where the ground is?)

pictures?

nevermind...the thin wire goes to the remote terminal on your comp amp....disconnect the negative side of your battery before hooking the ground back up

Ok so I'm a car audio noob and need some helpmy speakers died the other day but my sub kept playing. I popped the trunk and the ground wire for the amp for my components came out. Now I know that I have to plug this back in, but also another thinner wire came out of the amp for my components that connects to my sub amp (it's still connected to the remote input on sub amp). Now where do I hook up this thinner wire to on the amp for my components? (my guess is where the ground is?)
NO. that wire is HOT. you dont want to put a power wire to ground with no load or fuse in between

the remote wire goes to the remote terminal on the amp, and the power goes into power. neither should touch the ground...

yeah sorry if this is confusing. diagram?:
amp for components thin wire amp for sub(its a 4/3/2 amp)

(wire came out of here) (wire is connected here to "remote" input)
its a remote wire, which means it goes to the remote terminal...

are you high?

but right now i just have this thin wire hanging out of the 4/3/2 amp i have for my sub and I have no idea where to connect it to

sorry I'm a complete noobmy 240 came with a sound system and I've never touched anything on the car besides performance stuff
take the thin wire and plug it into the terminal that says "remote" or "REM". take the ground and plug it into the part that says "Ground" "-" or "GND"

I don't see anything that says REM or remote on the amp for my components

there are inputs for: power, ground, and then something called P. CON then there's all the outputs for the components

I don't see anything that says REM or remote on the amp for my componentsthere are inputs for: power, ground, and then something called P. CON then there's all the outputs for the components
well is the "P.Con" right next to or in between the power and ground? what amp is this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.