Window tint.

bloodhound50
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MA
I just got my car back from a shop that tinted my front windows to match my back ones, the back is about 20% but the front is not quite as dark. I also wasn't too happy to see they just applied it over my old tint that came with the car instead of stripping it. Does it take a few days for the drying period to end to get darker?

I just got my car back from a shop that tinted my front windows to match my back ones, the back is about 20% but the front is not quite as dark. I also wasn't too happy to see they just applied it over my old tint that came with the car instead of stripping it. Does it take a few days for the drying period to end to get darker?
there are some kind of rules about not rolling down the windows and not using the defroster, but I can't remember ATM

Yeah I know about not rolling them down, but will they get darker after the grace period was what I wanted to know. I was told 4 sunny days today if anyone was curious.

They probably didn't have the same darkness as the back windows. I hate cars that have different shades on front and back. (Mine didn't get any darker after the first day fyi)

I think stock tint on most SUV's is 18%. So they try to match it with either 15% or 20% I guess they did 20% on yours so yours looks not as dark up front.

The old tint you are talking about might not be removable. It could just have been privacy glass which is already a little darker than normal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.