Who should I contact

benengel

Hey there guys,

My name is Ben. I'm a senior Mechanical Engineer at KU. We're building a series hybrid EV from a VW 74 super beetle running off a biodiesel generator. We're running a 120V system but have the potential for more. We're basically rebuilding the interior. One of the things we thought about was using a touch LCD screen to display/provide the following info from sensors mounted around the car.

1) Battery Pack temperature

2) Battery pack charge remaining

3) GPS

4) Mph/MPG

5) Fuel gauge for generator

6) Output Power generation from biodiesel generator

7) Outside Temp

8) Maybe more to come.

Who would you suggest that I contact to build a piece of equipment with these capabilities??? Garmin? Johnson Controls? Any Help would be great.

Thanks.

Ben E. KUME

some subs and amps

Edit: oops misread the question.

try contacting one of the computer manufacturers, ie dell, hp, gateway...

but you should put a nice system in there lol

i think your on the wrong site.

try

BatteryPacktemperatureBatterypackchargeremainingGPSMph/MPGFuelgaugeforgeneratorOutputPowergenerationfrombiodieselgeneratorOutsideTempMaybemoretocome.com

You should be using an Allen Bradley SLC 5/01 Programmable Logic Controller and either Labview or Wonderware software package. You basically buy different modules for the unit which measure thermocouples, voltage (12vdc /115 vac), pretty much anything and they've been around as an industry standard for like....ever.

You can sometimes find the units used on ebay (where i bought mine) but the software can be pricey.

Much of the information you will find on this website is not going to be ideal. In some cases, you will find useful info though. As in the case of the post above.

I don't have the information you would require, but I felt obligated to post as I would note I am a freshman electrical engineering student at KU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.