Which Unit do you recommend me?

the pioneer is much better

but I wouldn't buy anything sony for my car anyway

what exactly has you set on those two decks? maybe give us a budget and we can point you toward something even better

Pioneer by far.
I agree. I know I've made a comment on here before how Pioneer never really thrilled me (nor made my want to puke either), but after today that changed and I can still say the same thing about Sony.

Aside from the fact that I boycott Sony, every Sony product I have ever owned always broke on me in a short amount of time, where I take very good care of what I own and it is very rare that anything non-Sony ever breaks. I own enough Vintage electronics by other companies that still work perfect. For example my home receiver is a 1973 Mcintosh, still works 100% where I couldn't even get three years out of two Sonys. And their CD/DVD drives are the absolute worst on the market.

Today I got a Pioneer DEH-P4900IB (yes I gave up on the retro/Mcintosh mx406 idea and decided to spend the money on a better amp instead). I was A/Bing it with an Eclipse cd3100 which I typically like and I found it much more user-friendly with the exception of custom EQs, and most importantly the sound was a bit better mainly in the bass. The bass was clean on the Pioneer and pretty badly distorted on the Eclipse. The Eclipse may have had slightly better mids, but it was hard to notice as the difference in the lows was quite significant.

Actually in the above post I messed up a little. I was A/Bing a cheaper Pioneer with the Eclipse for a long time, I never really ABd the P4900IB and the Eclipse, but I did AB both Pioneers and mine had better mids and highs.

the pioneer is much better
but I wouldn't buy anything sony for my car anyway

what exactly has you set on those two decks? maybe give us a budget and we can point you toward something even better
Thank you guys for your replys...

92SC300, my budget is not more than $200... I have to stick to that amount...

Anyhow, the thing is that I am living in Middleast, for the pioneer I have to order it from the US, but the sony it is available in my local market...

What do you think, do you recommend to order it from US? OR?

Yes, order the Pioneer. Don't settle for the Sony just for the sake of convenience. I think you'll be much happier in the long run //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yes, order the Pioneer. Don't settle for the Sony just for the sake of convenience. I think you'll be much happier in the long run //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

As I felt, evebody voted for poineer...

Ok,

what advantages poineer have regardless the reliability?

It all depends on what you want and what you plan on adding... I've owned several Sony's and have never been dissapointed. I've actually owned the Sony you're talking about, put it in my girlfriends car and she loves it... Motorized face, usb, aux input, xm, wma/mp3... For the money, you can't beat the features... By far the decks will sound different, but not so different... Keep in mind that everyone says that Pioneers (esp. The 880prs) has a hum... I've never had that problem either... However, I'd say Sony for all around features and expandability... Pioneer- slight advantage in sq... Get the one you like!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.