Which streaming service has best sound quality?

I believe tidal has the best, and is the service I use. I would advise downloading the songs vs stream though as a single master grade track is ~26 MB. Wifi, np, but data, I'll hit my soft cap in no time.

Edit, tidal master tracks are up to 9216 kbps.

And bit rate doesn't mean crap if your audio engineer clipped TF outta everything. That's a problem I find in rap a lot. Electronic music always seems to have some of the cleanest music, as far as quality, clipping, stuff like that.

I do know a higher bit rate will make your system louder, to a degree. There is a difference between 128 bit rate and 256. I tested it, actually, with my 9887 and my 9.2x and my 9.1's, and my rainbow 6.5's. 256 was louder than 128, but between 256 and 320, there was not an audible difference I could hear. I can't imagine someone needing a higher bit rate than 320, in all reality, unless you're doing competition stuff or have autistic ears or something.

I agree. That's why I don't bother with super high MP3 or HD tracks. At the end of the day, even HD tracks are only CD quality, but take up an enormous amount of space on a hard drive, with only a marginal, but noticable improvement over 160KBS. I find that it's not worth the space for the minuscule improvement using 320 kilobytes per second.

I'd probably only get maybe Jazz and Classical music on Blu Ray Audio... and then just listen to those on my home theater set up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.