Which 10s should I use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

grampi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cheyenne
I have a 4 channel Alpine amp (MRV-F545) that I want to use to drive two 10s in a sealed enclosure. The amp can be configured to operate in 3 or 4 channel mode. Unfortunately, it can't be configures to operate in 2 channel mode. I'm looking at the E10 V.3 subs, but I'm not quite sure how much power each VC can handle. If I get the D4s, I could hook up all 4 channels @ 125 watts per VC. Using the D2s, the amp would be pushing 250 watts per VC connected in stereo. The mono channel is good for 500 watts into 4 ohms, which is the same amount of total power both subs would see if I use the D4s and hook them up in stereo. Obviously, using the D2s and hooking them up in stereo would double my power, but I don't know if these subs can handle this much power. Can they?

Actually, I've got the print out of the bench test of this amp that did OVER 1000 watts...
someone fked up on the bench then...

your amp only does 500 watts if you bridge channel 3 and 4 together.

channel 1 and 2 are only 125 watts and 250 if bridged.

You only have enough power to fully power 1 sundown Ev3 10. if you want a better match, look at skar ix 10s or jbl gt5s because two sundown Ev3 10s will be underpowered and barely tickled.

People run 1200 watts to a pair of sundown E series with no problems as long as they arent being stupid with the amplifier gain/head unit settings.

It's a 4 channel. Your printout is wrong. Only 3 and 4 can bridge. It's not producing 1000 watts on 2 channels. Not happening ever
It's rated at 4 X 250 into 2 ohms (in stereo, not bridged)...4 X 250 = 1000...I'm not going to bridge it, I'm going to run it in stereo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

grampi

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
grampi
Cheyenne
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date