Where does Kicker rank

Then again I hate having the same equipment little peaty pablo wanna be has. "I runz tHe Kickers man. I'll shut you out."
i second that on my project car i have atomic and audioque in my daily driver i have sundown and re lol any time i tell people about my stuff they think its cheap nockoff stuff...

I han Sundown E8's in my Integra. A kid running type R's was beating hard. I looked at his system and then showed him what 2 8's taking an Orion 2500d @ 2ohm can do. He tried to pull the whole "I cant really even tell you have subs" like. I laughed, told him good luck and left.

This thread caught my attention since my last car sound system had 2 CVRs 15, and really, they had poor sound quality. It was okay for techno, some reggae, and rock with banging bass, but when I wanted to listen to some Led Zeppelin music for instance, it sounded just too horrible and I couldn't enjoy.

So, I'm selling that stuff, and was aiming for two CVX 15'', but this thread is actually confirming me that the CVX sound as crappy as do the CVR. So now, I will begin the search for a dual bass system that would sound as loud as two CVX 15'', but with at least some decent sound quality.

Some recommendations for searching subwoofers with equal SPL, but decent SQ? (I guess I will have to start a new thread).

Kicker amps are pretty good in my opinion, no complaints after running some for the component speakers in my car.

Subwoofers are another story. The solobaric L7 is loud and cheap, and pretty much all of the positives about it end there. Sound wise, it sounds like a dying baby in the trunk. ok thats an extreme, but it really does sound awful at high volumes, which is really the only reason to buy a solo baric L7 (its loudness). even the solo X is average considering how much you pay. its a very nice sub, no doubt, however for the money it costs to buy one there are MANY better subs out there. On top of that, the Solo X uses an enormous amount of wattage but i guess if you bought one that wouldn't be an issue. SPL Kicker does good, SQ Kicker isnt even the competition.

No experience with the wiring, so i cant comment on that.

I'm running one 12" L5 and it sounds pretty decent to me but I guess quality gets alot better in other subs. I wanted to upgrade to a 15" L7, but this makes me reconsider my options. I want something to get loud, but I want some sq in the mix too.

If anyones interested in this box for a 15" Solobaric LMK. its 4^3ft and tuned to 32hz

PIC-0117.jpg

PIC-0097-1.jpg

Sorry to dump but figured this might help someone make theirs sound better...its to kicker specs

kickers comps sound great (resolution and ss series are all I have experience with). Their amps are decent, though I have had some issues with unneccessary heat in both the zr and zx series. I think their subs are pretty good. They all sound good and the build quality is great.

my $0.02.

I hope you guys that never ran Kicker before aren't listening to this. Kicker makes a high quality affordable product. I don't like their L7's, but they sound how a square is supposed to sound. There is better out there than Kicker and JL will usually rape your wallet even at ebay prices. I've heard the whole JL and Kicker line and I'm amazed at the hype JL creates.

This thread caught my attention since my last car sound system had 2 CVRs 15, and really, they had poor sound quality. It was okay for techno, some reggae, and rock with banging bass, but when I wanted to listen to some Led Zeppelin music for instance, it sounded just too horrible and I couldn't enjoy.
So, I'm selling that stuff, and was aiming for two CVX 15'', but this thread is actually confirming me that the CVX sound as crappy as do the CVR. So now, I will begin the search for a dual bass system that would sound as loud as two CVX 15'', but with at least some decent sound quality.

Some recommendations for searching subwoofers with equal SPL, but decent SQ? (I guess I will have to start a new thread).
I don't know much about Zeppelin, but that type of music never sounded right to me on big subs. Maybe try some 10's made for SQL. You're probably doing something wrong because Cvr and Cvx sound good. You might want to look into getting some IDQ's. Start a thread asking what subs sound best with Zeppelin.

I don't know much about Zeppelin, but that type of music never sounded right to me on big subs. Maybe try some 10's made for SQL. You're probably doing something wrong because Cvr and Cvx sound good. You might want to look into getting some IDQ's. Start a thread asking what subs sound best with Zeppelin.
Led Zeppelin was just an example in millions. The many music bands and genders with a heavy amount of transient bass notes would sound horrible with two CVR 15; these subwoofers would not correctly blend the notes, they would sound like a single note, and the music experience would be obliterated. This happens to many songs from Dreamtheater, Incubus, Primus, RHCP, Metallica, basically groups with advanced bass playing, which these subwoofers would not reproduce well, and I could not enjoy. But with techno, of course these subwoofers sound blazingly well.

Perhaps maybe my enclosures were low quality, since they were not precisely done on the kicker recommended measures.

But does a CVR 12 has better SQ than a CVR 15? Does this actually sacrifice SPL for SQ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.