Whats this part called?

Firetruck
10+ year member

USA
I recently got jipped on an instal, and I'm thinking about juts finishing it myself

The only problem is that the dude lost a part, so instead of hooking my speakers to my amp, he put them into my HeadUnit.

So I needed get a replacment part, it's the wires that plug into the HU (pioneer premier) And then plug into something that goes to the amp. I think it's called RCA (something something)

So if anyone could tell me the full name, the approx. cost, and where to get one, that'd be great,

thanks

They're commonly called RCA cables.

Other names include interconnects, preamp signal cables, and others.

The price can vary from $15 or $20 a set up to $100 or more depending on what you get.

A midlevel set from brands like Rockford Fosgate, Stinger, or StreetWires shouldn't run you any more than $20/shipped off of eBay and would work just fine for most any system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Check an eBay seller by the username of "bag-boy" (obviously without the quotation marks). He's no joke...good prices on install accessories and ships way quick.

He also operates an off-eBay website which is www.darvex.com. Same story - good prices, lightning fast shipping.

As already stated, Knu Konceptz is a good option as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Between them and bag-boy if you can't find what you need then likely you need to let someone else do your install work for you...

I swear one of the ends was rectangular...

and it was hella short too, if length doesn't matter, can I just coil it up and put it under a rug or something?

if indeed it is RCA cables you are asking about, they all fit the same. Have you never used rca cables to hook up a cd player, vcr, anything?

Yes, you can coil them up, but try to get your proper length. If there is a foot or so extra no big deal.

if indeed it is RCA cables you are asking about, they all fit the same. Have you never used rca cables to hook up a cd player, vcr, anything?
Yes, you can coil them up, but try to get your proper length. If there is a foot or so extra no big deal.

Oh...no it didn't look like those

big rectangular plug with a dozen or so colored wires sticking out?

Oh, no not that

It was brightly colored (if thats anything) Red yellow and such, had a tag that said AAC on it. Bit smaller than a wiring harness, plugs into the bottom left cornor

sounds like it to me "short and rectangular"
but,,, how could his speakers be hooked up with no harness?
easy. by cutting the off the factory plug and directly connecting the wires. all the harness really does, which is nice, is it makes your h/u easily swappable

Oh, no not that
It was brightly colored (if thats anything) Red yellow and such, had a tag that said AAC on it. Bit smaller than a wiring harness, plugs into the bottom left cornor
oh ****, that's the plug pioneer uses for the RCAs. you said he lost it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.