Whats a good Amp for 2 JBL 12's with 4 ohm???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dchilds83

King of SD
AND I LIKE A LOT OF BASS!!! i want something that can push these 12's to the max but not bust them

IMAGE_111.jpg

Those are the JBL Power 12's? I think they are rated 400wrms but they can handle more than that and can get very loud.

Whats your vc config and budget for the amp?

Audioque 2200 does 1300 at 2 ohms and 2200 at 1 ohm. $389

How much power do you need, and at what VC configuration? We are just guessing utill you tell us what you need and what you have the picture doesnt do anything for us.

"you also have way to small of port area for two twelves."

I agree

That box is on the small side for those subs IMO... and you have too little port area. You should make a new box for them or get it made by someone, don't buy prefab.

I run my two Power 12's off a MTX 81000D. They each see about ~550W daily and love it. They could take more power daily for sure.....I just don't have enough yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

And about the box....it looks like it's close to JBL's specs for vented SQ enclosure. They only call for 1.75 cubes per sub with pretty small ports as well. My enclosure sounds good this way.....but I am looking into going bigger with a lower-tuned freq.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.