What would you do with 5.5 net on an enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I have what's in my sig right now and trying to see what can be done. Skar says 4-5 cubic ft for the zvx 18 but since their customer service IMO is sketchy, I don't know if that's really the case

What size and quantity woofers would you do with that space? On the same amp (Shark 3500) or might keep what I have if it won't change much output for the money spent.

Have had several different offers for stuff but none have made me want to jump on it as fast as usual.

So you think a single 15? I am asking woofer and size really, not brand. Mainly deciding between keeping what I have or like 4 10s if it would be worth the money spent on the woofers.

So you think a single 15? I am asking woofer and size really, not brand. Mainly deciding between keeping what I have or like 4 10s if it would be worth the money spent on the woofers.
Brand matters. A DD 15 isn't like a Kicker 15. But yes I would do a single GOOD 15. Whats wrong with what you have? Its the same sub all these sundown fans love

Brand matters. A DD 15 isn't like a Kicker 15. But yes I would do a single GOOD 15. Whats wrong with what you have? Its the same sub all these sundown fans love
I don't know if I am giving it proper airspace and that's the max dimensions I can go as of now. And I can't invert so.

5.5 will be fine. I would look more into the amp at this point
Or a HO alternator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I am staying above 13 for now though. Budget permitted at the time of the amp so that's why it's there.

Or a HO alternator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I am staying above 13 for now though. Budget permitted at the time of the amp so that's why it's there.
If you are staying above 13 that amp isn't making any kind of power

If you are staying above 13 that amp isn't making any kind of power
I mean, I know it's not doing the clamped 2800 that tests claim. But it's pushing that zvx pretty nice I think.

I mean, I know it's not doing the clamped 2800 that tests claim. But it's pushing that zvx pretty nice I think.
Its simple. if you have a 100 amp alt and its running the car plus amp that leaves 60 amps or so for the shark. You have no idea if its pushing the sub since you have no idea what its really doing. It don't take much to move a cone.

Its simple. if you have a 100 amp alt and its running the car plus amp that leaves 60 amps or so for the shark. You have no idea if its pushing the sub since you have no idea what its really doing. It don't take much to move a cone.
Can you PM me about some stuff then?

@NoLoud4U I am trying to get a mechman universal since they don't make some for my specific car so I would get like a 240 or 250 and then need amp suggestions then. I wanted to get a taramps 3k or something like that.

[quote name='zscarlson1']@NoLoud4U I am trying to get a mechman universal since they don't make some for my specific car so I would get like a 240 or 250 and then need amp suggestions then. I wanted to get a taramps 3k or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Go Korean. To many test showing Brazilians smoking on rated loads, resistive loads

A 9515 or tantric hdd @35-38hz depending on the woofer and listening habits. With as much port area as you can get without going below say 5cu net. Thats what i would do. 4 10's is to much trouble for the minimal gain in cone area over the 18.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.