what subs for 2000-2500 watts?

DefaZe
10+ year member

alright so im either gonna run an AQ2200D or an Orion 2500D.

I can't decide what setup I want to run.. First of all I can't decide what will sound better and be louder, 1 15 or 2 12's. I'm thinking of going HDC3's.. Is that enough power for 2 12's? Maybe too much for 1 15?

can people with suggestions please be backed up with facts not justthe name of a sub?

and i dont have a specific budget but I want to get the sub(s) used.

i listen to mostly rap. i want spl but i want it to still sound pretty good and hit really fast for when i listen to rock

can people with suggestions please be backed up with facts not justthe name of a sub?
and i dont have a specific budget but I want to get the sub(s) used.

i listen to mostly rap. i want spl but i want it to still sound pretty good and hit really fast for when i listen to rock
If they hit you with a suggestion, dont be lazy, look it up :p

ya but it's one thing to read specs and another to hear personal testimonials and comparisons. the death penalty looks like what i want but i cant afford that i guess im trying to get a good deal under $350 or so

I like BTL's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You could probably get a used 15 in your price range
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154b7c2e2474844/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/product_overview.shopscript
mach 5 ixl they make one for a sealed enclosure and one designed for a ported enclosure

IXL Series : Mach 5 Audio

and their only 150 now amazing deal each handle 1000rms get the dual 1 version wire sub in series and then par with each other

Through more research I have some more specific options..

1 - 15" hdc3-a

1 - 15" nightshade

2 - 12" lvl 4xl

i dont really want a btl as i hear nightshades do the same thing but are louder and lower. ill look into the mach 5 subs

you can pm robin(iam a mp3 pimp) he does bassrace and playes them daily or if you are not doing anything 13th & 14th next month go to daytona and you will see them in action. there will be probably atleast 10 cars with incrinator audio subs including myself. nick and all of the guys w/ incriminator will be there at there booth. i am sure tommy (king of bass) mckinney will probably be there w/ ho problems 2. you will be able to here many dif. levels of ia products.

Off a 2200 you would want the copper HDC, not aluminum. 2500+ watts I'd do the alum coils. For a pair of copper HDC's I'd get the 3500. Tune to 38Hz for a daily set up or 35Hz if you play a lot of C&S stuff.

I've built a shitton of AQ/DD set ups...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.