What should I do for my current situation? RE XXX but no room for a big box

ls1pimp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJM
I currently have a 12 inch XXX in a 1 cube prefabricated sealed box. I know it is probably not getting anywhere close to it's potential. I drive an F-body and have literally no trunk space at all. I won't have this car forever so i don't want to invest money into a custom box that won't even be that big. Do i have any other options (cheap options) to get this thing in some kind of a ported box or anything?

how bout you build a temporary wall that is removeable and do your best to seal off the trunk from the cabin with a piece of wood and do it as if it were IB.

but you will have to take the rear deck off and seal that up too.

its a lot of work, but its eaiser to do it this way than to build a crazy box for a car you arent keeping.

I currently have a 12 inch XXX in a 1 cube prefabricated sealed box. I know it is probably not getting anywhere close to it's potential. I drive an F-body and have literally no trunk space at all. I won't have this car forever so i don't want to invest money into a custom box that won't even be that big. Do i have any other options (cheap options) to get this thing in some kind of a ported box or anything?
If you're looking for something suuuper cheap, try throwing a little polyfill into the box. Otherwise, you're probably SOL because a ported box for that woofer is about 2.5 times as big as a sealed box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.