What kind of saw blade for MDF?

Duh. 60 tooth is fine. More teeth the better. I think my blades are around 50-60 teeth. And get carbide...lasts longer than HSS

A lightsaber. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/youreawesome.gif.a27e190c662afa8e2be5686b27bd1659.gif
Usually leaves burn marks if you arent one with the force //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

But yea, around 60 tooth blade and just a general carbide toothed one that is from a decent company and you should be sitting pretty.

get a diablo feud (red blades at Home Depot) that is 80 teeth.

the thing cuts so clean..... soooo clean.......

i mean it looks like i sanded it with 300 grit sandpaper.

get a diablo feud (red blades at Home Depot) that is 80 teeth.
the thing cuts so clean..... soooo clean.......

i mean it looks like i sanded it with 300 grit sandpaper.
x2

I used those alot when I framed and remolded houses. Great for siding, tongue and groove lids, patio decks, ....... I use the standard blade framing walls and chit like that.

mdf is so easy to cut a good old normal 60 tooth saw blade will do man.
Yeah, alot of different blades will do. Pretty much just use any blade, just make sure you set the blade cut height correctly, and you should get great cuts.

however there is a diff between great cuts and laser sharp cuts that are so fine u give yourself paper cuts on the edges.

however as most people said. you can save your cash and pick up a cheaper brand 60 tooth or so..

the key importance to any cut is make sure 1 tooth length in the middle of the blade protrudes the work piece your cutting to insure the proper height when cutting. its much less stress on the equipment. and gives you better results.

the key importance to any cut is make sure 1 tooth length in the middle of the blade protrudes the work piece your cutting to insure the proper height when cutting. its much less stress on the equipment. and gives you better results.
If you raise the blade up high enough so the tooth reliefs (the cutouts behind the cutting edge) clear the top of the wood it won't chatter when cutting.

u mean follow the spacing between each part. not just the actual carbide tooth part. ive heard differently and ive had amazing results. but i think i heard the 1 tooth rule for safety purposes maybe the less stress was having the blade higher...

anyhow i tend to eye it. just make sure u get a good full tooth above the work piece.

just dont let the blade be like 3" off the height of the piece being cut.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.