What is a "ricer"? OPINIONS NEEDED!

terminal206
10+ year member

~TSL~
Tennessee
Hey everyone,

I have been looking around on the site for a while now and I keep seeing people talking about things being "rice". What exactly does that mean? I own a 1996 Eclipse with a body kit, carbon fiber hood, black projector headlights, black taillights, shaved door handles, and carbon fiber spoiler all on the way. I like the looks of all the things I have ordered and don't see why you are calling things "rice". Each type of car (Import, Domestic, Exotic, Muscle, Truck, SUV, etc.) has a different group of people that love them and appreciate uniques things that are available to their type of car. That doesn't mean that if you're a domestic guy that your opinion doesn't matter about import things (it does), it just means that you don't own an import and so won't like certain things for them that people that own imports do. I reall enjoy getting everyone's opinions on the board because I want to have a nice tuner, but I don't want to go crazy with it. But keep in mind tuners have a unique look to them, that's what makes them a tuner.

That being said, no one can say that I said all this to defend my ride. I'm not prejudice toward any type of vehicle. I also own a 1979 Z28 Camaro that I kept 100% muscle because that was what looked best on it. I even own a 1998 F-150 that I love. All I'm saying is that sometimes you have to research and grow to love a type of car before you can call items for it ugly. I'm not saying that some of the tuner trends aren't ugly, because I think some of them are, which leads me back to my question:

What do you consider a "ricer"? Let's divide imports up into two groups "ricers" (not good looking/just plain ugly) and "tuners" (stylish and nice). What parts would you conside to be what, and why?

For example: Double tier wings = ricer - They are too tall IMO.

Body Kits = tuner - They look nice if you pick the right one.

So, what does everyone think?

I think this is my fav. Rain gutter for ground effects.

CRAP!!!!.jpg

I like nice cars rather they are import or domestic. To me "rice" are the cars with thousands in body kits and paint jobs and have nothing done to the performance of the car. Pointless really.

I like nice cars rather they are import or domestic. To me "rice" are the cars with thousands in body kits and paint jobs and have nothing done to the performance of the car. Pointless really.
to me rice is something stuck on there that looks totally out of place and has no flow. I.E. Tacky and anything ghetto rigged. also adding gay **** to make your car "stand out" more. I.E. Decals, wing, hood scoop stuck on with 3M etc. anything bought at walmartetc

In my oponion a ricer is someone who has a vehical (domestic or import) that they try to make just look fast, but it really isn't. Than they try to show it off and try to make people think its a fast car.

Some examples.

:Huge Fart Cannon (Ehaust that makes more sound than it really needs to, or huge exhaust tip)

:Bad Body Kit (The ones that arnt put on right, or obviously looks like ****)

:Intake (I know these do help in performance, but people would get the intake and exhaust than think they can race and beat everyone on the road)

:Uneccessary Lighting (This includes neon/led lights that really only show off how much the car itself *****)

: Alteza Tail Lights (this is kinda a given, too many of these floating around and look like **** on cars)

:Oversized or non matching Spoiler (Crappy spoilers that shake and wobble or just do not match the car in any way or form)

: Carbon Fiber Hoods (Real or fake, if u dont have any performance mod's this isn't gonna help much anyways, but if u do, thatsa a different story)

: Crappy Homedone Paint Jobs (The ones who try to cover up dents and stuff because their car is fast so they decided to spray paint the car black)

:MOST IMPORTANT: Chrome Rims (This is a no brainer, if ur gonna be racing in any way or form u do not want chrome/heavier rims on ur car)

Theres are mostly what I judge ricers on. I know there are tuners but u can always tell when someone is a tuner or just a pure ricer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

terminal206

10+ year member
~TSL~
terminal206
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date