What amp to run on an Alpine type R SWR-12D4

topeteontop

i just bought the alpine SWR-12D4 rated to 1000 RMS , I'm having trouble deciding which amp to pair with this sub because alpine says it can take up to 1000 rms but a lot of people are saying this sub is overrated and is probably closer to the previous model with 600 rms, i don't want to overpower the sub if it is actually overrated and i dont want to over exhaust the amp if it actually is taking 1000 rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm running those in my pickup. There's no real "best amp" answer. You want something with really low THD, and 100-150w RMS per channel.
I recommend wiring to the 2 ohm load on the amp you stated you have, or you can wire to an 8 ohm load for amp stability. You can wire one sub to...
Getting a good voltage reading does not mean good power transfer. You could read 13.8v out of a 24 AWG wire. Recheck your amplifier's ground and...
No need to bypass the amp. Most use an LOC that takes the full amped signal and turns it into a flat RCA level signal. Here is the newest I have...

About this thread

topeteontop

topeteontop
corona,ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
DirtyDuzit