What 6.5" sub

skirch56
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a regular cab truck, and have a very limited amount of space behind the seat of my regular cab F150. 1 to 1.25 cubic feet would be the most I could fit. I am powering these with an Alpine MRD-M300.

I was thinking a pair of 6.5 inch subs would be a nice fit. I was thinking either a pair of 6w3v3's in a ported enclosure around .5 cubic feet per JL's recommendations, or would a pair of 8w1v2's sealed be a better choice? Also, are there any other 6.5" subs I should consider. The mounting depth needs to be the same or less than the JL's.

If it is important, I listen to music ranging from country to rock to rap, and I am looking for a good sound across the board.

Also, JL recommends tuning to box to 38 hertz, is there anything wrong with tuning it lower, if not how low can I go, or how low would you suggest?

Actually the 8w1v2 is not a bad sub at all. I just built an enclosure for one for someone and I have to say that I was impressed with it.

I built a box per his specs, 1cuft with 14" of port tuned to 35hz. He is using an MTX 6500d for power.

Actually the 8w1v2 is not a bad sub at all. I just built an enclosure for one for someone and I have to say that I was impressed with it.
I built a box per his specs, 1cuft with 14" of port tuned to 35hz. He is using an MTX 6500d for power.
sa8>>>dub 8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.