Weird wiring issue

broski31
10+ year member

I've installed a few radios to know enough how to hook one up. But I have run into an issue with the one I am trying to install now.

I just purchased another ride and the person that had it before me had a JVC hooked to a disc changer in there. That radio kept going on and off whether you hit a bump or not. So because that one did not have mp3 and it kept doing that, I got a new HU It is a Panasonic CD-RX400U.

On to the problem. The original owners of the car had the JVC straight wired to the battery, ground, etc.. Now when I try to hook it up, it only works if the power and ACC wires are both wired together. But in doing that, the radio stays on when the car is off. This is something that I never dealt with before. First being the car not having the factory harness, and that power/acc issue.

Any insight you guys might have will be appreciated.

so you dont have the factory harness in your dash?

in that case find an acc circuit in your fuse box to tap and then a 12 constant to use and ground that bish

Mike Chop shop might can help you
Too far a drive for something that should be easy.

so you dont have the factory harness in your dash?
in that case find an acc circuit in your fuse box to tap and then a 12 constant to use and ground that bish
I felt all over inside the dash, no factory harness. Looks like it may have been done by someone who was too cheap to buy the harness. I still need the book for my car. I havent done much to it due to the snow and cold.

run the ACC to the fuse box to a fuse that turns off with the power.
Again, I need to get the book. Dont even know where the fuse box is. I blew the one for my interior lights and havent really bothered lookimg for it. Only had the car for a week now

So there is no wiring at all? The fusebox is either under the hood or dash somewhere. It could also be on the side of the dash where the door hits it. The repair manual will tell you where it is, and also what wire to tap into for an ACC lead. The yellow wire on the HU can go straight to the battery, the red should go to a switched 12v that turns on when the key is turned.

So there is no wiring at all? The fusebox is either under the hood or dash somewhere. It could also be on the side of the dash where the door hits it. The repair manual will tell you where it is, and also what wire to tap into for an ACC lead. The yellow wire on the HU can go straight to the battery, the red should go to a switched 12v that turns on when the key is turned.
there is wiring. The original harness was cut and just straight wired to the factory stuff.I tried hooking it back up the same way it was taken out and i got that problem.

they really did a shitty job. most wires are cut short, and only 2 speakers were hooked up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.