Warrenty void

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was reading my jl owners manual and on the back it shows a legend and it shows the anywhere above 300 rms is equal to warranty void. Well me and my friend hooked it to his ultimate amp that pushes 800 watt rms @ 4 ohms. We first hooked it with the type E's and it didn't do much. But then we hooked it by itself and cranked it up and the sub managed to handle the power with no problem. Then my friends dad said that 'you do understand that we just put 800 watts through that ****ing thing'. He also said 'the ultimate has a reputation for blowing subs which means that you must got a pretty ****ing good sub.' Pretty weird for the lowest end jl to be able to handle that much power. Well I can say goodbye to my warranty if I ever blow them which I probably wont.

orlyflaglol_2.gif

that amp may put out 1/4 of rated power so thats about right for the sub
My friend has blown rockford punches that were rated higher then his E's. Trust me that amp does what it is rated at. That amp is more powerful then his other amp that is rated at 1000watt rms @ 1 ohm.

My friend has blown rockford punches that were rated higher then his E's. Trust me that amp does what it is rated at. That amp is more powerful then his other amp that is rated at 1000watt rms @ 1 ohm.
im going to go with not trusting you

they arent horrible amps but doing 800@4ohms no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Kool

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Kool
Michigan, U.S.A.