W7 dilemma

seriously?

I really hope that you were meaning to ask something else and not that.

Please come back on here and rephrase or retry another question.

While JL does sound very nice. For the money you are gonna spend on a 13w7 or 2 12w7's you could buy something better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif As far as output and sound between the 2 though, the 13 obviosly has a little more cone than a 12. Also has a little more xmax. Not sure what else is different. 2 12's would be louder though.

Like I said at first, and it's just my opinion. Spending that much on JL W7's would feel like a waste of money to me with so many other companies making better products cheaper. Also if something does happen to your 13w7, JL is gonna charge you like 3-4 times more for the recone than pretty much any other brand would cost.

Don't buy a W7. Do some research on the net, get something that isn't crazy overpriced and overhyped. When the W7 came out like 8 years ago, it was a waste then and still is. I've never heard them regularly sound good, but have heard plenty sound bad. Once I heard a single 8 that sounded GREAT, but I did say once! If you like a name you can trust, and want a SQL type woofer go with the IDMAX, and save some cheddar. If you're a JL honk go with the W6V2, other than those suggestions know that it's more install (read: the box) than the woofer. My last setup meant to get loud was 2 Alpine Type R 12's (an average sub, great price) vented, killer box on 1K each, and I was pretty happy, made my boy with 3 W7 10's with a JL 500/1 on each real mad! he moved up to 1000/1 on each, and was only mad after that. His box was a JL spec box. Spec boxes are meant to make the woofer not sound bad. In other words, spec boxes are junk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.