VERY interesting Type-r info....

Sealed boxes usually do roll off quicker.
Umm...no. Sealed boxes have a much softer slope than a ported box, a ported box has a much steeper roll off below its tuning freq./
A low tuned ported box will often give you a flatter response, that is why I was questioning your blanket statement that sealed boxes have flatter frequency response.
Sealed boxes do tend to have a flatter in car response, do to the gradual roll off being offset by cabin gain. The low tuned ported box will have a flatter response on a graph but when cabin gain is introduced it will be bottom heavy.

Umm...no. Sealed boxes have a much softer slope than a ported box, a ported box has a much steeper roll off below its tuning freq./ Sealed boxes do tend to have a flatter in car response, do to the gradual roll off being offset by cabin gain. The low tuned ported box will have a flatter response on a graph but when cabin gain is introduced it will be bottom heavy.
The low frequency intersection of sealed and ported output is often far below

the audible range. While the roll off is steeper, the ported box will often have more

output at the lower freqs and can be eq'd for most music given cabin gain.

The main problem with ported in terms of sq is not always frequency response;

it's group delay and phase shift.

The low frequency intersection of sealed and ported output is often far belowthe audible range. While the roll off is steeper, the ported box will often have more

output at the lower freqs and can be eq'd for most music given cabin gain.

The main problem with ported in terms of sq is not always frequency response;

it's group delay and phase shift.
Sure, you can EQ cut for a ported box or EQ boost (if need be) for a sealed box, that doesn't make my point any less valid. There was misinformation, on the frequency response of the different enclosures, that needed correcting. SQ wasn't even a concern. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Umm...no. Sealed boxes have a much softer slope than a ported box, a ported box has a much steeper roll off below its tuning freq./ Sealed boxes do tend to have a flatter in car response, do to the gradual roll off being offset by cabin gain. The low tuned ported box will have a flatter response on a graph but when cabin gain is introduced it will be bottom heavy.
You completely missed to the point but thanks for pointing out your retardedness.

Sure, you can EQ cut for a ported box or EQ boost (if need be) for a sealed box, that doesn't make my point any less valid. There was misinformation, on the frequency response of the different enclosures, that needed correcting. SQ wasn't even a concern. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
So stop giving out misinformation.

Used to have 2 10s sealed in 1.5 cubes off an MRD-M1005. It was loud enough for me but SQ was lacking...
I had 2 tens sealed firing back and they sounded awesome sql. Maybe depends on the car. I had them in a 86' regal with 1500 rms. Each chamber was 1 cube. I miss those mofers.

says the professional idiot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gifdo tell where I'm mistaken
OOOoOHH good comeback. You are super duper original.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Why u mad?

What's up with this forum and people posting simply to be a dink.... they aren't even trying to explain anything, they just type things like "this thread sux".... Is there any moderation here at all????

it did very well ported. got loud and took a beating. 140.6 TL on the dash, with a single 12 on music. 2.25 tuned to 35hz. the 2 sealed may have done the same thing, but a single 12 doesn't need 1400 watts rms to do it. it sounded ok ported, in terms of sq, but i didn't buy it for sound quality.
Ran 2 12 R's sealed for a couple years and the best score I did was a 142.1 on the TL........This was a few years ago too. Then switched to a ported box and did a 144.2 on same amp, electrical and everything, just different box.

Sealed was 1.7 per chamber

Ported was right at 4.0cft IIRC, tunned @ 34.

Both on an older Lanzar VHC1200 rms amp, so each sub seeing 600rms.

I liked the sound of sealed..........till I finally tried the ported. For years people tried to convince me to try ported and I don't know why I was being so stubborn. They did really well sealed and did good numbers too, but I enjoyed thed sound ported much more, which is strange as I usually run sealed.

Well did. Current setup is ported, lol!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.