two 10"s and a 12" - what to get?

pagan585

NY
I'm looking to put some bass in my integra, and I've been thinking about getting a set of 10"s and a single 12". My problem is I can't decide what subs I should get. I'd like for them to be the same brand with the main focus on the 12". Something with good SQ and a good sharp bass. I'm also on a bit of a budget, around $300, so this has not been to easy.

So far I've come up with a few posibilities.

Hifonics: 2 HW!0's and a HZ12

Kicker: 2 CVR10's and a CVR12

Alphasonik: 2 PSW210's and a PSW412

So far I'm leaning for the Alphasonik but there's only one place I know of to get them, so I can't compare prices.

Also a friend of mine is trying to talk me into getting Volfenhag subs with him. He says they're good quality and if we got them togeather they'd be cheap as hell on ebay. But I've never heard them before and am a bit iffy on how good thay are for the price [about $150 for 2 10"s and a 12"].

Any suggestions on any of this would be a huge help.

Or if there is something better please let me know.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Are far as hifonics nopers , kicker ok entry level the CVR's anyway , Alphasonic decent subs fro mwhat i hear never heard on in person but have nice price tags . Wit ha 300$ budget get 1 12" Magnum D2 vented ,http://www.stereointegrity.com you'll be very happy they only need 600rms to get their potential out .

Didn't know abot the different size thing but thanks for letting me know before i got myself into anything.

Thanks!

What would be the best amp for the D2

also, ever heard of volfenhag?

i have personally owned 2 volfenhag 12's and a 1000 wayy volf amp my first setup and also very stupis luckily i pawned them off on a buddy for the same pricei paid . Anyway Volf is good for a ash tray all i have to say about that . The subs sounds horrible have thta metal resoannace to them and the amp clips to easily has a fan but over heats lieka sob . So dont get VOLF lol .

volfs ****...my cousin had two tens and they ******...you would be so much happier with the d2 that youd walk around with a smile for like a week thinking

"WOW...im glad i went with this one instead of those shits"

btw...dont mix sizes...you run the possibilty of cancellin out

As for a n amp for the D2 you can pick up a MMATS pro audio 500.1 for in the 200$ range underratted and very high quality.

500rms x 1 at 12.8 v

whatever you do, dont mix sizes. 10" subs have a higher freq then 12" subs so you would get a funny sound. with your low buget i would suggest getting 2 10"s or 1 12". also, go with a familiar name. those non brand name subs are a good price but poor quality. i suggest from the options you stated that your best bet would be to go with the kickers

eD k12.44 is $135 + shipping. A great budget sub that can handle the power and get pretty darn loud.

Just my two cents

10" subs have a higher freq then 12" subs
Myth. It all depends on the Fs (resonant frequency of the sub) and the Vas. There are 10s out there that have a really low Fs. There are 12s out there that have a really high Fs.

You still don't want to mix subs. Not just size but brand, model and enclosure type should be the same for all speakers playing the same frequencies. Even small differences in frequency response and phasing will play havoc with your sound.

Get a few 10s or a pair of 12s and you should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pagan585

pagan585
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
benssax